Rather lose in the playoffs or Super Bowl?

jackbauer24

Which you rather lose in?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which you rather lose in?

• Lose in the playoffs
    • Lose in the Super Bowl

It doesn't matter what I want, the question I was pondering was what would most vikefans truly prefer in this scenario ?

A:  Another Thorp / Halas Trophy AND another SB loss  (0-5)

B:  Just another playoff loss ( 20-30)

The implications of another SB loss for the franchise seems a reasonable consideration here. I'm guessing that if you polled your forum, the majority would not prefer the lifelong stain of another Title Game defeat... even if it meant hanging another NFC banner from the rafters

You clearly value the NFC title + SB loss as your preferred option in this scenario. So I'm 0-1 on my guess

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min/playoffs.htm

23 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

The implications of another SB loss for the franchise seems a reasonable consideration here. I'm guessing that if you polled your forum, the majority would not prefer the lifelong stain of another Title Game defeat... even if it meant hanging another NFC banner from the rafters

Majority of the forum users weren't even alive for the last Vikings Superbowl appearance but have seen them falter in the playoffs a number of times. I'm guessing that the results of this poll here accurately reflect how it would go limited to just the Vikings subforum. If anything, I'd guess that the results would be even more skewed in favor of witnessing a Superbowl loss vs just another playoff loss. 

I won't make a guess for the much larger, more aged fanbase outside of the forum though. 

On 21/05/2018 at 5:11 PM, The Gnat said:

As a Vikings fan, and granted, I wasn't alive for their Super Bowl losses, I would go with Super Bowl. If you make it to the Super Bowl you have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl than all but one team, and having that shot is worth it.

But isn't the premise here, you lose the SB?

It's not would you rather make the PO with a chance or the SB. It's would you rather have the feeling of losing a SB or losing a PO game.

6 hours ago, texans_uk said:

But isn't the premise here, you lose the SB?

It's not would you rather make the PO with a chance or the SB. It's would you rather have the feeling of losing a SB or losing a PO game.

Exactly right, that's the premise of this thread

In the moment, it is far easier to move on after a playoff loss.  Well, not if it was like the one we sustained in 2015, but I digress.  Losing in the Super Bowl sucks, I'm old enough to remember it twice.  However, after the sting is over, it is much better to reflect back on the journey and celebrate the success.  Give me a Super Bowl loss.

Archived