Which newest addition to your team are you most looking forward to?

RaidersAreOne

20 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Wilkerson for me (If he shows interest in actually playing). Wilkerson, Daniels, and Clark that D line is going to be fun this year. 

The packers defense has some potential. Should be fun to see how it all comes together.

For the Jets there are a few players I’m anxious to see (Darnold, Teddy, Trumaine Johnson, Shepherd and Herndon). All are have performed well this offseason. But it should go without saying that the guy probably all Jets fans are looking forward to seeing is Darnold.

10 hours ago, SDotNova said:

The packers defense has some potential. Should be fun to see how it all comes together.

For the Jets there are a few players I’m anxious to see (Darnold, Teddy, Trumaine Johnson, Shepherd and Herndon). All are have performed well this offseason. But it should go without saying that the guy probably all Jets fans are looking forward to seeing is Darnold.

Darnold is the easy answer,  but I'm more interested in Bridgewater. I'm really hoping he comes in here and looks like a starting qb. If he can take hold of the starter role and look decent we could potentially get a 2nd rounder+ back in a deal. That would be huge in recouping some of what we gave up for Darnold while letting Darnold learn on the bench

28 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Cordy Glenn and Billy Price. Our oline was absolute trash last year. Even if we can get average oline play we should be competitive again for a playoff spot 

When considering how bad the Bengals OL was in run blocking and pass blocking, I would argue that we had the worst OL in all of football last year.

Just remembered about Seattle.  OK, second worst OL...

Damarious Randall

We needed a FS more than any other team needed any one position last year 

it was absolutely terrible us playing Peppers at Free 

now with Randall at FS we can move Peppers to strong which will upgrade two positions for us 

that'll be huge 

On 5/31/2018 at 11:15 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

Tyrann Mathieu - the Texans have never had a good S on roster. Will Demps and Bernard Pollard are the closest thing to a decent S, and they were average at best. Mathieu might fall down that same path, but he is a gamechanger when he's healthy (big when, I get it) and if you can pair that up with our front seven, there's an opportunity to see some special things.

Aaron Colvin is a 2nd - he's gonna get his shot at a boundary CB spot, let's see if he can do it.

On 5/31/2018 at 12:04 PM, texans_uk said:

Hey Pollard had one goodish season!

On 5/31/2018 at 12:41 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

Yeah, goodish. Demps was once a Pro Bowl alternate! That's good!

Andre Hal looks like a star vs Marcus Mariota...so there that, too!

Geez, our S situation has been a mess.

Kind of funny (to me specifically) that both were WAY better as Ravens.

4 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

...oh, hi there.

I feel like the Texans are giving Watson the Wilson treatment.

Got a smart, elusive, mobile QB? Guess we can skate by with a poor offensive line.

Right now, I’d say in terms of OL:

Bengals > Seahawks > Texans

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Damarious Randall

We needed a FS more than any other team needed any one position last year 

it was absolutely terrible us playing Peppers at Free 

now with Randall at FS we can move Peppers to strong which will upgrade two positions for us 

that'll be huge 

He better stick to his promise on Twitter that he's giving everyone a jersey if Golden State wins it all this year.

Matt Nagy

Fox was trash, he is little better than Jeff Fisher, if he is at all. The little success he had in Chicago was Fangio's doing, I am glad to see we aren't ruining another major investment at the QB position like we did with Rex and Cutler by having a lack of consistency in offensive systems and talent around them.

If just players - Robinson

After a year with Wright as the number one receiver, and numerous with the number one being Hester, Knox, etc I want a legitimate one WR to help the QB. He will also be a good mentor for Miller too.

LB Barkevious Mingo

He could really flourish in the Bruce Irvin role in the defense. Especially with Ken Norton back in the mix. 

OC Brian Shottenheimer 

I didnt hate Bevell as much as some, but his gameplans got pretty stale and predictable. Im intrigued to see how different the offense will be, and if Solari's new blocking scheme stabilizes the run game. 

Archived