Everything Pokemon Thread!

34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Only a month away. As usual with games hyped up super early, the hype mega died down but will climb right back up since we are so close. 

I did see Pre Orders for Extra Pokeballs, now this doesn’t mean there will be micro transactions in the game but if there is, I’ll be p***ed. Microtransactions instantly ruin the quality of every game as all the developers care about is that. 

Nah the microtransactions are in the mobile games. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Not true, they have ruined every sports game and are spreading like wildfire. I heard Ghost Recon was destroyed by it. 

The pokemon mobile games are rampant with them no denying that, the mainline games have avoided them so far. Plus considering Nintendo doesn't want to get PR for putting micro-transactions in a mainline pokemon game it likely won't have it.

As for MTX in other games, obviously a plague but that's a predatory business for you. 

The poke-balls are just a pre-order bonus because gotta have a pre-order bonus to justify pre-ordering. 

The early reviews are actually sounding pretty favorable.  They aren't aligning with the majority of the outrage the online community has seemed to have with it.  Sounds like the early game tutorial period is short, and it has gotten away from the full game "hand holdiness" that plagued SM and USUM.  That is music to my ears, alone. 

• Like 2

I can't wait for this game. Main reason I bought a switch.

I haven't bought a newer gen game since gold/silver (was obsessed with red/blue so I just kept playing those over and over again), but I'm kind of excited about going into this one not knowing many pokemon. Will be a little like playing it for the first time. Still not sure about the giant pokemon thing though, so hopefully it grows on me. 

• Like 3

Biggest map ever apparently. Pretty excited. Story and league tournament looks legit. I don’t buy game magazines but I do recommend the latest Game Informer which goes in depth about the game. 

I think this game is going to be fantastic. Usually with reviews I agree with the masses but a lot of the complaints are so frickin nit picky. 

5 hours ago, JonStark said:

I can't wait for this game. Main reason I bought a switch.

I haven't bought a newer gen game since gold/silver (was obsessed with red/blue so I just kept playing those over and over again), but I'm kind of excited about going into this one not knowing many pokemon. Will be a little like playing it for the first time. Still not sure about the giant pokemon thing though, so hopefully it grows on me. 

Same. Been since Gold/Silver. I was 12 years old (now 30). Most hours on any one game in my life. Thousands probably.

I was gonna get Sun/Moon but passed because of Gyms being taken out. So I waited an extra three years for this one. 

A lot of it is stigma too. People aged 15-25 are highly critical. Playing a pokemon game and your friends or girlfriend would probably label you a child. But now I’m 30, all my friends are very mature and grown up, engaged, etc. And I’ve had a crazy itch for Pokemon for the past 3-4 years.  

4 hours ago, JBURGE said:

lol get out

He has a point, that’s the only feature I think is ridiculous. So ridiculous it probably won’t be in future games. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Can this game eventually surpass BotW in sales? Would be a hard task but this game is super hyped and pokemon. 

Regardless, easily gonna go down as the #2 selling Switch Game. 

Pokemon Sun/Moon/UM/US sold 24.6M.  The last number I saw from BotW was 13.6M.  I anticipate them shattering that.  Something around 16M.

24 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Pokemon Sun/Moon/UM/US sold 24.6M.  The last number I saw from BotW was 13.6M.  I anticipate them shattering that.  Something around 16M.

BOTW has 15 million units counting WiiU sales.

But yeah should easily smash BOTW sales in a year or two.