What video game are you playing?

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Looks good, might grab it on console when it comes out there. Though if I get my pc maybe I’ll just do it there.

Planning to wire it so I can also play on the OLED, so it makes little difference aside from maybe controller.

It seemed more of a PC game than a console game when watching it but i could easily be wrong. Hope you enjoy it if/ when you get it. It was a really neat game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 11:43 AM, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

People say Saints Row is supposed to be about crude humor and such, but I completely disagree. IMO, Saints Row is just fun personified. It's that completely average game that is just fun to play. From the gameplay, to the characters, to the story, the game was fun. I feel the proper way to make a Saints Row game is to make a broken as hell game that has WAY too many things and THEN you scale back and try to make it coherent. I have no idea what they tried to do with this game.

I randomly played Saints Row IV (I think), and I usually hate those kind of games.

I do not like Grand Theft Auto type games. But it's so subversive that it basically agrees with me on everything. It's very silly and self mocking and I played it longer than I usually would have. I think I put 20+ hours into it.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Doubtful.

Citation needed.

1 hour ago, kokichi said:

Another excellent game on Gamepass is Backbone.

It's like an interactive visual novel with a great story

You can complete it in a weekend.

Go in blind. Trust me

apps.29325.13571577878997765.bf0e584f-1d

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to playing Sonic Origins on the Switch. I started out with S3&K because, of course I did (it's by far my most played of all the classic Sonic games) and two things stuck out to me revisiting the game all these years later (besides the bugs):

1)the game is notably less fun actively searching for giant rings/blue sphere stages. When I was a kid, I remember blazing through all the stages and not really caring if I got all the Emeralds/"Good Ending" or not (gotta go fast as the Sonic X theme says). Luckily I've memorized a lot of the giant ring locations from all the playthroughs I've watched by now, though there's some stages I don't have them all down pat like Hydrocity Zone. Suffice to say it was a pain in the arse trying to find them there. 2)The S&K portion definitely has the best OST, especially now with the licensing issues over some stage music due to Michael Jackson's death. Some of the best stage music from the original Sonic 3 is now gone. Ice Cap Zone's theme got completely butchered, they done it dirty in Sonic Origins. It went from having arguably the best zone theme from the S3 half of the game to the worst.

I started out on Anniversary Mode just to ensure I get all the Super Emeralds and Hyper Sonic on my first revisit with old man hands all dem years later and for the Widescreen Mode (why they locked WS behind Anniversary/Noob Mode, I'll never know). For those of you who don't know what that is, you have infinite lives and can replay the blue sphere stages as many times as you want/need if you fail them (until you run out of Coins) and you don't lose Coins/lives when you die. It's as dumbed-down as it sounds. No more of this ***** ish after this playthrough, I promise.

On 10/6/2022 at 5:07 AM, kokichi said:

Another excellent game on Gamepass is Backbone.

It's like an interactive visual novel with a great story

You can complete it in a weekend.

Go in blind. Trust me

apps.29325.13571577878997765.bf0e584f-1d

Tried it. Was enjoying it until I got stuck on the kitchen sneak.

No idea how to get past so had to give up.