What video game are you playing?

On 8/23/2022 at 10:41 AM, Ty21 said:

My post was just a dig at IGN’s lack of integrity. Saints Row is doing exactly as expected. They reincarnated it just to kill it all over again. 

I was as big a Saints fan as it gets. Looked forward to this release. Right up until I saw the preview and the characters they chose.

Same issue as why I stopped following wrestling. Went from a great host of characters. To a bunch of incel looking losers that get summoned from a basement dwelling for meals.

Hard pass and heartbroken.

People say Saints Row is supposed to be about crude humor and such, but I completely disagree. IMO, Saints Row is just fun personified. It's that completely average game that is just fun to play. From the gameplay, to the characters, to the story, the game was fun. I feel the proper way to make a Saints Row game is to make a broken as hell game that has WAY too many things and THEN you scale back and try to make it coherent. I have no idea what they tried to do with this game.

• Like 2

Red dead redemption 2 may be the greatest single player game every made, but the only thing I wish it had done differently was not include mention of New York, Chicago, or California. With GTA and RDR having significant history in fictionalized places, and fictionalized people and even presidents, I think it would’ve been cooler to have them as an alternate universe America that feels similar to ours but is it’s own thing entirely. 

Finally beat RDR2 again. Probably spent about 120 hours on it this playthrough. Putting it as my all time favorite single player game, but that’s probably only until I play last of us 1/2 or AC black flag again and recency bias will change my mind. 
Now giving the order 1886 another go. It was free years ago and i don’t remember what happens at all but remember liking it after deciding it’s an interactive movie. My character just busted off his chains during interrogation and the guard yelled “why you little” before coming over to choke me, full Homer Simpson style 10/10 

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Tell me more 

The battles are very similar. Attack, hunker, overwatch, etc. Your overarching goal is to take over all the Chicago Burroughs. It isn't perfect, but it's a fun alternative and I think it's probably free for you too. You can pick from like 10 people to start with. Each story begins different but the missions and paths seem to be the same. 

7 hours ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

I've been looking at this game for a long time lol.

Give it a shot when you're bored nect.

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

it was a fun time, I'll give anything like Xcom a go. 
Beat it a couple times.

On gamepass and I think I saw it on one of the PSN tiers.

Yeah I got it from PSN tier. 

12 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

If you like that you might like King Arthur: Knights tale.

That's been in my queue but I don't play PC games anymore. If it ever comes to console it'll be on my list. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

If you like that you might like King Arthur: Knights tale.

Looks good, might grab it on console when it comes out there. Though if I get my pc maybe I’ll just do it there.

Planning to wire it so I can also play on the OLED, so it makes little difference aside from maybe controller.