What video game are you playing?

On 6/17/2023 at 4:47 PM, Ty21 said:

It took to season 37 to finally get that 8 sack achievement. I only had one player in 36 years get 8 sacks ever so this was the preferred achievement to get. Still have to get the 2200 season points and 2 shut outs to move on to conference 4 and the game has been throwing me in purgatory for a while by making me lose to way inferior teams and letting a team score 3 on me that I was way better than. Hopefully it’s better when I get the best coordinators. 

Also changing up how I recruit. I was getting 6-8 targets, only in the 3*-4* range and not recruiting anyone new after week 6. But that left holes in my team when I would have to take on 1* walk ons. So 2*’s are acceptable now, with 3-4’s a nice surprise for classes. Weeks 6-10 are purely point gathering weeks (although I did pull a 4* WR in just 4 weeks last season lol)

I finally got moved up to conference 4.  I had to sign 4 LB's again, but obviously got the 8 sack achievement that season, so I didnt even need to take on 3 1-2* LBs and waste the points.  Irritating as hell.  I got the shut outs early from landing a 5* RB, and just feeding him constantly, and then game planning my D to try to take away the run.  The RB finished his career at 95 ovr with 10k rushing yards lol.  Most of the teams run the vast majority of the time in conference 3, so just deflating the ball with them helps keep the score down and you'll fall into more shutouts.  Might be only 1 or 2 teams that even at 50% pass to run.   The jump to conference 4 hasn't been as big as the jumps to 2 and 3.  My team is competitive right out of the gates.  

My recruiting strategy is pretty similar to what you switched to.  I keep the 2*'s, if I don't have to put points into them, or they only need 25 points to get over 30.  Then I just keep them on as filler to throw a scholarship at in week 11, if I have room in my class.  My classes are normally around 15-20 targets, but a lot are just at 30 point threshold.  I still only pour points into the 4-5*'s.  I'll get some 3*'s at a position of need, or positions that need depth, up around 50 pts.  The 5-10 points you get for passing on them isn't really worth it if they're that close to being able to commit.  That took me a little bit to realize, as well.  

I try to position my scout where I can get to the Blue Chips I need as early as possible, and then fly wherever I can get the most chests in the 2nd half of the season.  I don't really spend many points on qb's or rb's outside of every 3-4 years.  They're almost always 4 years starters so I can have them learn the playbook as early as possible, and then focus elsewhere.   There isn't a ton of value in having them sit and wait, outside of the redshirt year.  They don't develop enough not playing.  

I got this on y'alls recommendation. Do you ever choose running plays? I'm finding that any time I choose any run it's a sure-fire problem. CPU seems to call the runs in the worst possible situations. If I only throw the ball I can dominate. Also, often the computer's team will choose all run plays and my options for D are all pass pro. What gives!

* on season 3 after 1 night. Pretty addicted. Love it so far.

Edited by nagahide13

9 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I got this on y'alls recommendation. Do you ever choose running plays? I'm finding that any time I choose any run it's a sure-fire problem. CPU seems to call the runs in the worst possible situations. If I only throw the ball I can dominate. Also, often the computer's team will choose all run plays and my options for D are all pass pro. What gives!

* on season 3 after 1 night. Pretty addicted. Love it so far.

It depends on my offensive make up.  I normally only use 1 non option running play and sometimes none.  If I have a stud RB that knows the playbook and a young qb, I call more handoffs/pitches, while I teach the qb the playbook.  Especially if there is something that exploits a hole in the defensive playcalling.   I don't ever call any WR running plays.  CPU playcalling definitely goes a little run heavy. 

If any of you wished that BattleField didn't suck you should give Battlebit Remastered a try. I'm loving it right now and I really enjoy a multiplayer FPS that has less graphics for a change. There is enough cover but you also don't have rats sitting in a corner with a rose skin either. 

On 6/26/2023 at 8:46 AM, Spartacus said:

If any of you wished that BattleField didn't suck you should give Battlebit Remastered a try. I'm loving it right now and I really enjoy a multiplayer FPS that has less graphics for a change. There is enough cover but you also don't have rats sitting in a corner with a rose skin either. 

Lol, I came to post about this.

I still suck and I haven't played a ton yet, I got it on release but I've just been busy or unmotivated. Been doing some crap at home and left a guy streaming it all day who's super high rank, learned some cool stuff I gotta go try later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My buddy's been getting me into Fortnite the past couple months, been playing the hell out of that. I won BR matches with my Batman and Tron Legacy skins that I bought from the Item Shop (I don't usually buy skins, but I couldn't pass those up). Now I just gotta win one with my Optimus Prime Battle Pass skin to complete the trifecta, which I very nearly did one time. I finished second, got the last guy down to 36 health with no shields.

And the two matches I did win with my two Item Shop skins, I got Double Crowns both times and literally stole a vault keycard off a guy I eliminated in one match and a Mythic Drum Shottie off the ground in the other after also going to the vault in that, it was crazy (the former was w/my Batman skin in case you were wondering):

356788884_298008422681074_54911191045294

356912889_546908780841212_75865168313285

Edited by KManX89

21 minutes ago, adamq said:

Jurassic Park Evolution 2... saw this as a free download on Xbox and it's sucked me in. Basically sim city but with dinosaurs.  A+ if you like games that involve planning infrastructure and also dinosaurs

If you like this game, the first one is better than 2 IMO. 

• Like 1