What video game are you playing?

On 10/5/2023 at 7:37 AM, Neumatic said:

Iv had it in my library for a long while but i finally decided to play Civ VI. I stayed away from it because its so easy to play for hours on end, not sure theres any other game that warps time like it. Civ V irritated me with how it was essentially broken from a bug and they refused to fix it, so that played a part in waiting so long to dive into VI. Civ is just a timeless classic for me though and this one does not disappoint. 

CIV III is still the goat.

Paradox games.... Any of them doesn't matter which... Europa universallis, hearts of iron, crusader Kings, Victoria, Stellaris.... Any of them will suck your life away if you get into them.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

What bug are you talking about? I have played Civ 5 for literally hundreds of hours I haven't encountered anything like that. Civ 5 is far superior to 6 imo. 

Don’t remember what exactly caused it but after a certain point some units would need orders every single turn. Wasn’t entirely game breaking, just annoyingly tedious. 

On 10/6/2023 at 6:51 PM, rob_shadows said:

Paradox games.... Any of them doesn't matter which... Europa universallis, hearts of iron, crusader Kings, Victoria, Stellaris.... Any of them will suck your life away if you get into them.

I just came across this game this AM on steam and it seems kinda rad. Think they just released a new DLC which is impressive considering its been out since like 2016.

2 hours ago, Sad People said:

I just came across this game this AM on steam and it seems kinda rad. Think they just released a new DLC which is impressive considering its been out since like 2016.

Paradox releases DLC for their games very very regularly. It's become a topic of a lot of jokes because for some of their games there is so much DLC that to buy the game and all DLCs costs hundreds of dollars. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Paradox releases DLC for their games very very regularly. It's become a topic of a lot of jokes because for some of their games there is so much DLC that to buy the game and all DLCs costs hundreds of dollars. 

Isnt Cities Skylines Paradox games as well? Ive heard really good things about that game.

Didn’t finish the story but I give Assassins Creed a 7/7.5. Back to its roots, I like the stealth aspect more than the big scale battles or fight your way through. Not many side quests and you can get through the story fairly quickly. But the story and gameplay are pretty plain and forgettable. I think they can build off this and make the next one better. 

On 10/12/2023 at 8:42 AM, Sad People said:

Isnt Cities Skylines Paradox games as well? Ive heard really good things about that game.

Yea and its a great city builder. I like that paradox embraces the modding community, which really elevated the game. 

Cities Skylines 2 is releasing here in a couple weeks too.

https://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2023/10/16/were-more-ghosts-than-people/

"I sit on my couch for an hour without moving, and make a man sit at the edge of a cliff without moving, both of us watching a fake sky drown in color, both of us not yet sure when we’re going to die or how much time we have left. There are probably better ways to attempt the playing of God, but there are certainly far worse."

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded NFL Street 1, 2, and 3 the other day and am playing through the 'career' mode in NFL Street 1 to start out. I loved these games so much as a kid, and the gameplay, music, and progression system in the first one still holds up. The graphics are obviously garbage (it is an almost 20 year old game), but I'm having so much fun playing regardless. It's also fun to look through the team rosters. Some teams have players who are now hall of famers- Giants have Strahan, Chiefs have Gonzalez, Ravens have Ray Lewis, Bears have Urlacher, Seahawks weirdly have John Randle, and so on. Then you've got teams like the Browns whose rosters are mainly garbage and it is depressing. The Browns QB is Kelly Holcomb and their RB is William Green. It's bad.

I've beaten about 6/8 divisions so far, so I'm almost done. Then I think I just need to beat the NFL Legends and NFL Street 1 is done. I maxed out my RB's speed and run power and he's insanely good. Then I recruited Mike Vick, Michael Strahan, and Brian Urlacher to even out my team.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...