What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

9 hours ago, MrDrew said:

Is it a sign of a problem when you take your medications with a  dark and stormy instead of water?

Nah, they say alcohol intensifies the effects of the medication so I just look at it as helping the meds do their job.

4 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Are you serious right now.. What the hell 2020! Apparently there's been a military confrontation on the India/China border with casualties on both sides 😞

Well, humanity had a good run.

46 minutes ago, D82 said:

Nah, they say alcohol intensifies the effects of the medication so I just look at it as helping the meds do their job.

If you mix it with the wrong painkillers, it puts you on a completely different level. I had a very interesting experience at a high school party after my wisdom teeth came out where I tried to eat my shirt, among other ridiculous things.

And that was only on a couple of drinks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrDrew said:

Is it a sign of a problem when you take your medications with a  dark and stormy instead of water?

Ginger beer has proven medicinal and health effects(or at least I choose to believe it does) so no.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Well, humanity had a good run.

If you mix it with the wrong painkillers, it puts you on a completely different level. I had a very interesting experience at a high school party after my wisdom teeth came out where I tried to eat my shirt, among other ridiculous things.

And that was only on a couple of drinks.

Do tell.

6 minutes ago, D82 said:

Do tell.

Well, let's see.  I blacked out immediately, so I have no memory of any of this, but some of it was filmed.  I tried to eat the buttons off my shirt so much my friends had to take it off, I tried to eat the range covers on the oven, I tried to get water from a chair, I tried to walk through a window, insisting it was a door, and just generally was incoherent.

And this wasn't even me trying to mix drugs and alcohol.  I literally took the recommended amount, which hadn't been messing me up, and had like two drinks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I literally took the recommended amount, which hadn't been messing me up, and had like two drinks.

the enzymes in your liver that are responsible for clearing the medicine are the sometimes the same enzymes responsible for clearing the alcohol. They were all busy working on the alcohol so you ended up with elevated amount of meds in your bloodstream -> leading to the "issues" you had.
Your peak concentration of medicine elevated into the "toxic" range because of the simultaneous alcohol consumption. Doesn't happen with all meds, but you'd typically see it noted on the drug label.

pharmacokineticsGraph.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 1

Any recommendations on headphone brands?  My current bluetooth headphones are junk, and it's time to replace them.  Amazon is littered with strange Chinese brands, and i'm not sure who to trust.

Looking for an over the ear headphone, not an earbud or on the ear headphone.  Audio quality is not super important to me, but occasionally i do calls with them, so call quality is important.

Also, price range is probably upwards of $50ish.  I'm not spending $400 on headphones.  

10 minutes ago, theJ said:

Any recommendations on headphone brands?  My current bluetooth headphones are junk, and it's time to replace them.  Amazon is littered with strange Chinese brands, and i'm not sure who to trust.

Looking for an over the ear headphone, not an earbud or on the ear headphone.  Audio quality is not super important to me, but occasionally i do calls with them, so call quality is important.

Also, price range is probably upwards of $50ish.  I'm not spending $400 on headphones.  

True Audiophiles probably have much better suggestions, but I LOVE Sennheisers. I have had multiple headphones, and have never had any issues with them. I currently have the PXC 550 Wireless Headphones and they have been flawless so far. Never drops, no static or delays, even when running. But those ones are out of the range you provided. 

Doing a Amazon skim, there are a few models that run in the 70-100 range.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, theJ said:

Over ear wireless?

Anker Soundcore Q20 or JBL TUNE 700BT might be your best bet in that price range, but both are going to come in closer to $60 than $50. It’s not a price point with very many real good options. 

EDIT: if you’re not looking wireless, that opens it up a lot. But I thought your comment implied wireless. And with the way phones are going, seemed the likely route.

Edited by pwny
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, animaltested said:

True Audiophiles probably have much better suggestions, but I LOVE Sennheisers. I have had multiple headphones, and have never had any issues with them. I currently have the PXC 550 Wireless Headphones and they have been flawless so far. Never drops, no static or delays, even when running. But those ones are out of the range you provided. 

Doing a Amazon skim, there are a few models that run in the 70-100 range.

46 minutes ago, pwny said:

Over ear wireless?

Anker Soundcore Q20 or JBL TUNE 700BT might be your best bet in that price range, but both are going to come in closer to $60 than $50. It’s not a price point with very many real good options. 

EDIT: if you’re not looking wireless, that opens it up a lot. But I thought your comment implied wireless. And with the way phones are going, seemed the likely route.

I'll backtrack a bit on my pricing comment.  I'd be willing to spend more for a good reason.  I don't know what the sweet spot is, but i know that i can't tell $50 audio quality from $400 audio quality, so i don't want to pay for that.

I would pay for quality of build.  I would pay for wireless, because as you said @pwny, more and more devices are being released without audio jacks.  I also remember that the last time i had wired headphones, i yanked my phone off my desk about 30x because the wire got tied up with my office chair.

I guess the question is: what is the real difference between the $30-50 Mpow headphones, and brands like Anker/Sennheiser/etc that come in closer to $60-100?

Also, big plus to a headphone that has the option for a 3.5mm jack.  I have a business phone, personal phone, and computer.  I can take calls on all three, and frequently do.  So if i can quickly plug in an audio cable to field the call when i'm not connected via bluetooth, that has its merits.  

25 minutes ago, theJ said:

I guess the question is: what is the real difference between the $30-50 Mpow headphones, and brands like Anker/Sennheiser/etc that come in closer to $60-100?

The Anker has quality of life improvements like using four separate microphone designed both for the purpose of better noise cancelling and for reducing background noise when making calls, being able to replace the cups, longer battery life (40 hours vs 30-35), better designed flexibility on the cups for a *more custom fit, longer range on the Bluetooth, faster quick charging (Anker is 5 minute charge for 4 hours of use, Mpow is 10 minutes for 2 hours). And it does have the ability to run by aux. also it appears Amazon has a coupon on it to get it down to $50. 

Sennheiser, which I often recommend to people, the price difference is almost all about improving sound quality; and those in that price range are going to be primarily wired only. The premium value for them might not be what you’re looking for, if you’re typically fine with non-premium audio.

The Mpow also claims that you can’t even connect Bluetooth to a computer without a separate dongle. 

Edited by pwny
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I'll backtrack a bit on my pricing comment.  I'd be willing to spend more for a good reason.  I don't know what the sweet spot is, but i know that i can't tell $50 audio quality from $400 audio quality, so i don't want to pay for that.

I would pay for quality of build.  I would pay for wireless, because as you said @pwny, more and more devices are being released without audio jacks.  I also remember that the last time i had wired headphones, i yanked my phone off my desk about 30x because the wire got tied up with my office chair.

I guess the question is: what is the real difference between the $30-50 Mpow headphones, and brands like Anker/Sennheiser/etc that come in closer to $60-100?

Sony has some that the retail price is something like $250ish, but they *regularly* go on sale in the ~$150-200 range. I point these out because most everyone has them ranked the #1 best/best value, have crazy good noise canceling and can be found just about anywhere (including craigslist/used which would be sub $100). 

One other thing - they get bundled into a lot of things. I got mine for free buying something else (a phone, I think).

If thats out of the price range I know they have a more base model as well that I think the retail is ~$100ish. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I think I spent less than $80 on some decent Skullcandy ones.

• Like 1