What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

So my wife is finishing the year up and then will be at going for her PharmD. I'll have my MBA finished in December. So now I'm looking at selling off my business (I'm a carpenter) and going to work in HR (I'm not restarting a crew in another city and I'm sick of being at the mercy of weather like this). Already got an offer for one job but its 3rd shift. Not sure how I feel about that. Any advice on entering that field?Ā 

Edited by Sugashane

4 hours ago, D82 said:

CT shows no appendicitis. So might still be something going on with the gall bladder. Doctor will be calling me tomorrow to follow up and let me know what's next.Ā 

Hope it's not that either.Ā  Most hospitals are back to elective surgery now thank goodness.Ā  My stepfather just had one done.Ā  He had a rapid fire week- one appointment for bloodwork, one for a Covid test and then the day of the surgery.Ā  At least where I live, no one can go in with you, so he got dropped by my mom at the curb and she picked him up at the same place.Ā Ā 

18 hours ago, pwny said:

The Anker has quality of life improvements like using four separateĀ microphone designed both for the purpose of better noise cancelling and for reducing background noise when making calls, being able to replace theĀ cups, longer battery life (40 hours vs 30-35), better designed flexibility on the cupsĀ for a *more custom fit, longer range on the Bluetooth, faster quick charging (Anker is 5Ā minute charge for 4 hours of use, Mpow is 10 minutes for 2 hours). And it does have the ability to run by aux. also it appears Amazon has a coupon on it to get it down to $50.Ā 
Ā 

Sennheiser, which I often recommend to people, the price differenceĀ is almost allĀ about improvingĀ sound quality; and those in that price range are going to be primarily wired only. The premium value for them might not be what youā€™re looking for, if youā€™re typically fine with non-premium audio.

The Mpow also claims that you canā€™t even connect Bluetooth to a computer without a separate dongle.Ā 

I ended up buying the Anker ones.Ā  Arriving Friday.Ā  Thanks!

18 hours ago, Sugashane said:

So my wife is finishing the year up and then will be at going for her PharmD. I'll have my MBA finished in December. So now I'm looking at selling off my business (I'm a carpenter) and going to work in HR (I'm not restarting a crew in another city and I'm sick of being at the mercy of weather like this). Already got an offer for one job but its 3rd shift. Not sure how I feel about that. Any advice on entering that field?Ā 

For her: congrats and PharmD is a fantastic degree and very useful place to be these days - so that's a huge win
For you: No clue on entering the HR world, but knowing what you know about construction, contracting and business - you'd be a valuable asset in HR for a large construction company. Few HR professionals have your in- depth knowledge about construction/carpenters/ etc
Good luck to both of you

• Like 2

Doctor said we're gonna do another ultrasound to rule out a gall stone or something along those lines and if that doesn't show anything than a HIDA scan. So I'm to survive on Zofran and Pepto until then.Ā 

45 minutes ago, D82 said:

a HIDA scan.

Light him up !

A radioactive tracer is injected into a vein in your arm. The tracer travels through your bloodstream to your liver, where the bile-producing cells take it up. The tracer then travels with the bile into your gallbladder and through your bile ducts to your small intestine and helps create computer images.

Good luck D82

Ā 

10.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by Shanedorf

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

Light him up !

A radioactive tracer is injected into a vein in your arm. The tracer travels through your bloodstream to your liver, where the bile-producing cells take it up. The tracer then travels with the bile into your gallbladder and through your bile ducts to your small intestine and helps create computer images.

Good luck D82

Ā 

10.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Yeah...should be fun. Maybe I'll Hulk out or somethingĀ