What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

23 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

In the restaurant world, Prime Rib is often cooked low & slow in an Alto-Shaam oven whereas most steaks are done on a grill of some sort at high heat. I don't consider prime rib a "steak" but I do agree that the RibEye is the best of the bunch.
And horseradish is AWESOME; we mixed it with a dollop of sour cream - but some people like to mainline pure horseradish for the full effect

may_15_TH-I_oven.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Auto-Shams are also great to reheat pulled pork.  We have an outdoor mass every year with a picnic, and some members smoke some pork butts at home and we shred them the night before and reheat in the sham.  It's a great piece of equipment to have. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, clevenowin said:

Ribeye cap is my favorite but $$$

Skirt and hanger are what I tend to get a lot for flavor vs. price but even those are getting up there.  I love flank steak too but thats just a marinade delivery system

I am a big top round fan too for flavor vs price.  I have to go to a specialty place usually to get skirt or hanger.  

3 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Now that I've been in WA long enough to get a feel for the drivers, I have to say that outside of Phoenix, AZ, these are the worst drivers I've dealt with. 

Minnesota and Indiana drivers are at least 45% Amish based on their average highway speed.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

37 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Minnesota and Indiana drivers are at least 45% Amish based on their average highway speed.

Don't forget the tractors and trucks pulling farming equipment.

Combine that with Michigan having among the worst kept roads in the country (probably) and driving here sucks too.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Don't forget the tractors and trucks pulling farming equipment.

Combine that with Michigan having among the worst kept roads in the country (probably) and driving here sucks too.

Get out of my state.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Combine that with Michigan having among the worst kept roads in the country (probably)

That is the TRUTH. They don't need the signs indicating that you're leaving Ohio and entering Michigan. The teeth rattling rumble is the only indicator you need. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Funny, I was just going to rant about the drivers today (I'm in MN)... I don't care if you drive slowly but PICK A SPEED!  Driver was going 55 in a 65 (see above comment - ha) .. I pass on the left and then the dude starts going 75. I merge back into the right lane (since I'm getting off shortly) and he slows back down to 60. And no, I wasn't riding his bumper... My other rant about drivers today has nothing to do w/speed and everything to do w/turn signals :)  

2 minutes ago, theJ said:

That is the TRUTH. They don't need the signs indicating that you're leaving Ohio and entering Michigan. The teeth rattling rumble is the only indicator you need. 

I remember pulling a bunch of stuff on a trailer from Michigan to Ohio. They built their roads in like 50ft sections or something. So at every seam of pavement, ice breaks it up. The roads were bumpy af. The bump every two seconds stopped literally as soon as I crossed the border. 

All of our roads have either potholes that will break tie rods or filling piled up so high in them that they're basically speed bumps. And any time you cross train tracks, you've gotta slow down to like 15.

Every manhole cover in any town is a couple inches below the road.

• Like 1