What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

In the restaurant world, Prime Rib is often cooked low & slow in an Alto-Shaam oven whereas most steaks are done on a grill of some sort at high heat. I don't consider prime rib a "steak" but I do agree that the RibEye is the best of the bunch.
And horseradish is AWESOME; we mixed it with a dollop of sour cream - but some people like to mainline pure horseradish for the full effect

may_15_TH-I_oven.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by Shanedorf

Prime rib is the best version of steak. Who cares it it’s low and slow. Everyone is doing that for the other cuts now too, the only difference being high heat at the end for char/crust.

So of the three options, I guess Ribeye, Porterhouse/the half of a porterhouse you have as a separate option, and filet last.

Regular ole sirloin is a super underrated cut btw. I don’t really care much about tenderness.

15 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

but some people like to mainline pure horseradish for the full effect

That's me.  The bottled stuff is good, but the homemade stuff is amazing.  Love that feeling of my face exploding for about 6 whole seconds.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, theJ said:

Best steak i've ever had was a bone-in filet.  Tenderness of the filet, with the flavor imparted by the bone.

After that, Ribeye.  Forget the rest.  I'll eat something else.

Ooh man, there’s some other good cuts.

Prime rib obv, flat iron too.

NY strip is the most overrated cut ever though.

• Like 2

The difference between ribeye and prime rib is cutting then cooking vs cooking then cutting...

I don’t think we need to distinguish. We are an inclusive bunch here. 

Except NY Strip.... that’s trash can filler 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Regular ole sirloin is a super underrated cut btw. I don’t really care much about tenderness.

Top sirloin, sure... I like some top sirloin cap...

but sirloin tip? No thanks. Petite sirloin? Again, no thanks. that’s stew meat. 

15 hours ago, Starless said:

dog tried to eat a skunk everything smells like burning eggs please kill me

We had a dog that LOVED skunks... got sprayed a couple times a year... 

A tomato juice bath helps a lot, she was a white dog too so she would be be pink for a couple days 

• Like 1