What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

8 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Gonna try to grill salmon for first time. Just need one basic spice to season it with(not salt.) Any suggestions?

I am probably late to the party, but I always bake my salmon in a home made honey mustard

basically you mix honey, mustard, soy sauce, garlic powder/fresh chopped garlic (garlic salt is for wussies). pour a nice thick layer over the fish. bake for 375 degrees for 17ish minutes depending on thickness, then add lemon after its cooked

baked fish is the way to go imo

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

I would never put butter on salmon. It'll just overpower the natural fat. Same for garlic - too much. 

Salmon is overrated tbh. Give me Walleiye, Perch, and Pike any day over that.

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

I would never put butter on salmon. It'll just overpower the natural fat. Same for garlic - too much. 

I liked this post until you said no garlic... wat 

garlic isnt fatty... ??

to be fair, my parents would give me a whole clove of garlic to chew on as a baby, so maybe I am bias here

(im with you on the butter, its unnecessary for salmon) 

• Like 1

I'm getting my USATF Level 1 Certification, and its a virtual class now obviously. Oh my lord. The schedule is brutal, I've been on a zoom for 3 hours with an hour and a half left. Tomorrow the lectures run from 9-9 with a 1 hour break and a 15 minute break lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Salmon is overrated tbh. Give me Walleiye, Perch, and Pike any day over that.

Walleye is my second favorite eating fish. Used to eat a lot covered in butter and paprika at my uncle’s when I was a kid, and it’s a perfect white fish. Salmon has nothing on it.

A friend of mine just gave me some smoked pike, and it’s good stuff.

• Like 1

first episode of my radio show last night and i thought it went pretty well!!

only got just the one caller but expected that being the first episode and being community radio... i was more worried about technical issues - can talk for hours on end no problem but i'm not what you'd call technologically inclined - but we went smoothly

• Like 2

5 hours ago, N4L said:

I liked this post until you said no garlic... wat 

garlic isnt fatty... ??

to be fair, my parents would give me a whole clove of garlic to chew on as a baby, so maybe I am bias here

(im with you on the butter, its unnecessary for salmon) 

Garlic is life, but not in salmon. Good fish should be left as natural as possible to spotlight the natural, delicate flavor.

and yes, walleye is 100% the best fish freshwater fish. No question.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Salmon is overrated tbh. Give me Walleiye, Perch, and Pike any day over that.

I like a perch or northern fry as much as the next guy, but salmon is just an objectively better fish. I don’t can’t think of a single argument otherwise.

Fresh king or sockeye salmon is only topped by bluefin tuna.

I’m a full blooded Minnesotan and will go to bat for walleye any time, but at the end of the day, there is a reason that salmon is the premiere fish. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I’m a full blooded Minnesotan and will go to bat for walleye any time, but at the end of the day, there is a reason that salmon is the premiere fish. 

Because of mass factory farming and because it’s one of the only oily fish that doesn’t taste “fishy?”

• Like 1