What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

14 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I heard American driving tests are super easy. Is this true?

They're pretty hard to pass first or even second time in a lot of Europe, but still plenty of **** drivers

I was an idiot and failed my first time.  I dony think they are too hard to pass though

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Someone super tech savvy EILI5 - what are the pro/cons of porting your main number to google voice? Ive heard of people doing it so that they can upgrade through their carrier more regularly.. but it seems like a lot of people do it for other unknown reasons. 

ANWSER ME NERDS!

On 11/17/2020 at 11:24 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

I heard American driving tests are super easy. Is this true?

They're pretty hard to pass first or even second time in a lot of Europe, but still plenty of **** drivers

I passed mine first time. I hit the curb on the reverse around the corner, then pulled away from the weird double mini roundabout in Brentwood in third gear.

The examiner must have been in a good mood. My brother was so pissed off when I told him.

Drivers test was a cake walk.  The only thing I got dinged for was they said I took a left turn too sharply, but it was still like a 98% or something.  100% on the written test.  Driving is easy.  People are stupid.  Most car accidents aren't caused by people who don't know how to drive, they are caused by people being stupid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I hate that I wake up in the middle of the night to pee multiple times. Do i really need to stop drinking water at like 7pm??

Have you ever had a sleep study done? That’s one of the big symptoms of sleep apnea. I was positive I had diabetes because of that same reason, and it was sleep apnea. Now it’s rare to wake up since I have a CPAP.

50 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

Have you ever had a sleep study done? That’s one of the big symptoms of sleep apnea. I was positive I had diabetes because of that same reason, and it was sleep apnea. Now it’s rare to wake up since I have a CPAP.

I haven't. That's interesting because i'm a very light sleeper.

I had a phase where I’d get up to pee multiple times... got bloodwork to check for diabetes and it was all good... by the time I got in for any other tests it had gone away on its own and I was back to sleeping through the night so we just left well enough alone 

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I haven't. That's interesting because i'm a very light sleeper.

I would definitely talk to a doctor about it. I was having to get up a lot at night, and compensating for being tired with caffeine. That makes you go during the day too. With apnea the reason people get up at night is you’re waking up, but not becoming conscious. When you fall asleep, your body locks down your bladder, but when you wake up, your body releases a hormone to empty it out. Since your body is waking up, you wind up having to get up multiple times a night, even if you’re not drinking anything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

I would definitely talk to a doctor about it. I was having to get up a lot at night, and compensating for being tired with caffeine. That makes you go during the day too. With apnea the reason people get up at night is you’re waking up, but not becoming conscious. When you fall asleep, your body locks down your bladder, but when you wake up, your body releases a hormone to empty it out. Since your body is waking up, you wind up having to get up multiple times a night, even if you’re not drinking anything.

Tbh that explains it perfectly.

18 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

I passed mine first time. I hit the curb on the reverse around the corner, then pulled away from the weird double mini roundabout in Brentwood in third gear.

The examiner must have been in a good mood. My brother was so pissed off when I told him.

Yeah that's crazy. What did you give him?!

I thought I nailed my first one, but apparently I made a truck slow down on a roundabout. How he knew that, I dunno...

2nd time is the best time :D

14 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I hate that I wake up in the middle of the night to pee multiple times. Do i really need to stop drinking water at like 7pm??

I do too. Also a light sleeper. I have caught myself having hot drinks at like 9-10 though. Are you definitely not drinking late?

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I do too. Also a light sleeper. I have caught myself having hot drinks at like 9-10 though. Are you definitely not drinking late?

Sometimes. Tried last night didn’t have anything to drink outside of a literal sip of water past 7pm. Went to bed at 11, still woke up twice