What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Man, it's crazy the difference a pillow makes in how you sleep. I just switched my pillow for the first time in years and I slept like a damn baby. It's a cheap pillow but it's thin. I had a larger, more firm pillow and I kept waking up with tension headaches at the base of my skull that got so bad I had to sleep in my recliner in the living room until they went away. Took a nap today with the pillow I just bought and I swear that hour was better than any 8 hour night I've gotten in years.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Man, it's crazy the difference a pillow makes in how you sleep. I just switched my pillow for the first time in years and I slept like a damn baby. It's a cheap pillow but it's thin. I had a larger, more firm pillow and I kept waking up with tension headaches at the base of my skull that got so bad I had to sleep in my recliner in the living room until they went away. Took a nap today with the pillow I just bought and I swear that hour was better than any 8 hour night I've gotten in years.

Pillow size is overrated. I purchased some elongated thinner pillows several years back, two of those bamboo ones, and they have been the best pillows I've ever slept on.

• Like 1

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Pillow size is overrated. I purchased some elongated thinner pillows several years back, two of those bamboo ones, and they have been the best pillows I've ever slept on.

Yeah, I'm a side/stomach sleeper so I can't do fluffy pillows because I feel like I'm gonna suffocate, so I went with a more firm one cuz I needed a new one a few years back. Spent solid money on it so kinda felt like I had to deal for a minute. Had a thin one a long time ago that I slept well with so I figured it's time to go back to it. It's also a cooling pillow so it's pretty sweet. 

I've gotten on a **** schedule since getting laid off and my pillow/quality of sleep wasn't helping me maintain it anyways. Hoping I can turn it around cuz I really would like to get back to a 1st shift job/schedule after being on 2nd/3rd the last few years.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 5:18 AM, Daniel said:

For once, I feel bad for yall that don’t work in the legal field, because these Giuliani memes about his arguments in court are amazing.

i don't need to know the law now. I now have Giuliani leaking hair dye memes. That's way more than I ever could have hoped for

On 11/17/2020 at 4:24 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

I heard American driving tests are super easy. Is this true?

They're pretty hard to pass first or even second time in a lot of Europe, but still plenty of **** drivers

I'm not American, i'm Canadian...but so far as i know...they're pretty similarly inadequate driving tests.  I never should've had a driver's license after my test.  Not that i didn't respect the process, but at the time...i was not a truly capable driver to the standard i should be.  I just timidly drove around a bit, did a fake "hill park" on flat land because there were no hills to be found (pretend it's a slope this way) for my driving test, and finished off with a random hailstorm because whatever.  And the only thing i got dinged for, was, "not shoulder-checking pronounced enough" on a merge where you should be using a combination of your side window and mirrors instead of trying to be an owl anyway.

Like basically a test of whether you can rudimentarily operate a motor vehicle or not.

After i had a license and was driving around, i ran a program to get cheaper insurance.  Which was dumb and pointless...but they realized that, so i got to do a ton of really fun defensive driving and evasive driving sort of stuff.  It was a good investment overall, in that it made my insurance cheaper...and honestly, i actually learned some things by putting cars in really wild situations with pylons instead of people.

On 11/17/2020 at 6:35 PM, vikesfan89 said:

I was an idiot and failed my first time.  I dony think they are too hard to pass though

I don't think there's any shame in failing a first time.  I probably should've.  Driving well isn't as easy as people treat it.  But yeah...it seems to me like things should be a little more rigid, somewhere along the line still.

I failed my first "written test" version of the CDL comparable thing.  Because i thought i could just cruise it, and had studied absolutely zero.  Assumed i knew the rules and would be easy.  Not a thing.

On 11/18/2020 at 7:08 AM, Mega Ron said:

I passed mine first time. I hit the curb on the reverse around the corner, then pulled away from the weird double mini roundabout in Brentwood in third gear.

The examiner must have been in a good mood. My brother was so pissed off when I told him.

Big ooof.  Not great.  They don't even make people in North America run their tests in a Manual...unless they choose too.  At least, not anywhere that i know of.

I've become deeply curious about what would happen if you did a driving test in a manual hear and actually rev-matched downshifts, if they'd yell at you.  I feel like they would.

On 11/18/2020 at 8:12 AM, THE DUKE said:

Drivers test was a cake walk.  The only thing I got dinged for was they said I took a left turn too sharply, but it was still like a 98% or something.  100% on the written test.  Driving is easy.  People are stupid.  Most car accidents aren't caused by people who don't know how to drive, they are caused by people being stupid.

This is the thing.  You make driving restricted to people who can handle not only "basic" typical sorta driving situations...but put them on a skid pad and see if they can handle their ****.  Put them on a "Moose Test" or "Lane Change" test at 60mph and see if they can do it correctly.  Train drivers for the extremes, not for the puttering around in traffic where they'll still find ways to run into each other.

Edited by Tugboat

15 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I don't think there's any shame in failing a first time.  I probably should've.  Driving well isn't as easy as people treat it.  But yeah...it seems to me like things should be a little more rigid, somewhere along the line still.

I failed my first "written test" version of the CDL comparable thing.  Because i thought i could just cruise it, and had studied absolutely zero.  Assumed i knew the rules and would be easy.  Not a thing.

Big ooof.  Not great.  They don't even make people in North America run their tests in a Manual...unless they choose too.  At least, not anywhere that i know of.

I had no problem with the actual driving.  I just started over thinking and turned left on a red light once the road was clear. 

Most people probably wouldn't be able to find a manual to practice or test with.  Manuals help with theft protection in the US

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

15 does seem a little young to take a driver's test though

That does seem young.

16 is too young too probably.

Problem is, by 18...it makes it too much easier to tell how many people just do not have the proper mechanical faculties to operate a motor vehicle.