What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Just heard about Las Vegas this morning. Shocking and tragic.

Had a friend who was staying a hotel close to Mandalay Bay. Was crazy to wake up and see a snap from her reading "We're okay. Prayers to the victims."

All I know is people are crazy. Tragic all around. Prayer are with the families of the victims.

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Had a friend who was staying a hotel close to Mandalay Bay. Was crazy to wake up and see a snap from her reading "We're okay. Prayers to the victims."

As much as it's low-hanging fruit in times like these to blame social media and quote that really funny Anthony Jeselnik bit about "thoughts and prayers", it's pretty amazing that you can immediately connect with all of the people who are important to you and let them know you're safe.

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

May the world one day be as pure as baby elephant gifs make us feel.

We need to all just admit they're better beings than we are.

30 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

As much as it's low-hanging fruit in times like these to blame social media and quote that really funny Anthony Jeselnik bit about "thoughts and prayers", it's pretty amazing that you can immediately connect with all of the people who are important to you and let them know you're safe.

I have a friend who lives just outside of LV and is an avid music festival goer, spending lots of times at music festivals in Las Vegas. She was at a Festival this weekend. I hadn’t heard from her, presumably because she’s still sleeping off a long night. She’s not really a country music fan/more of a rave festival type, but she’s up to party a lot and I could easily see her go to some festival to groove out to music she doesn’t like just because she could. 

I was able to use social media to find the pictures from the festival she posted, find out what acts she went to see from the captions/songs playing and then use google to find out where that act was playing this weekend. Turns out she was in San Diego. 

Its kinda creepy how much we share of ourselves in a public forum where anyone could find it (some of this stuff was posted to a non-protected Twitter account) and find out exactly where you are. But at the same time, in situations like this, the access to so much information and the ability to share every moment; whether it be like @RavensTillIDie seeing their friend say they’re okay or me being able to find out my friend is nowhere near where things happened, is incredible. 

• Like 1

I haven't had a smart phone in a very long time.  I have mainly used a generic flip phone over the past two years.  Since I haven't been too much into phones, I am really lost on what the best phones are.  I know the iPhone 8 recently released and I know the Google Pixel 2 is getting ready to be unveiled in a few days.  Honestly, I would say the Pixel is sadly not an option because I don't believe there's a way to get the phone on a payment play through my cell phone carrier - it appears I have to buy the phone through Google.  

According to my carriers website, I can get the iPhone 8 Plus for $26.67 a month.  I am strongly considering going that route, but before I do, I just wanted to know if there are any other phones out there I should consider?  Or, if anyone here has the iPhone 8, do you think it is a worthy phone?  I will more than likely keep whatever phone I purchase for at least two years, so I would really like to get a phone that is more current now so it ages better in the future; I also want a phone that will continue to get software updates over the next two years as well.

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

All I know is people are crazy. Tragic all around. Prayer are with the families of the victims.

My sister lives in Vegas and, thankfully (tho I feel selfish saying that), she left the concert early. She’s shook up right now but her friends are okay. 

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

I haven't had a smart phone in a very long time.  I have mainly used a generic flip phone over the past two years.  Since I haven't been too much into phones, I am really lost on what the best phones are.  I know the iPhone 8 recently released and I know the Google Pixel 2 is getting ready to be unveiled in a few days.  Honestly, I would say the Pixel is sadly not an option because I don't believe there's a way to get the phone on a payment play through my cell phone carrier - it appears I have to buy the phone through Google.  

According to my carriers website, I can get the iPhone 8 Plus for $26.67 a month.  I am strongly considering going that route, but before I do, I just wanted to know if there are any other phones out there I should consider?  Or, if anyone here has the iPhone 8, do you think it is a worthy phone?  I will more than likely keep whatever phone I purchase for at least two years, so I would really like to get a phone that is more current now so it ages better in the future; I also want a phone that will continue to get software updates over the next two years as well.

If you like Android, the Note 8 really is an incredible phone. Ive had a love hate relationship with Android/Samsung for like 5+ years. Ive had a Note 7, Axon 7 and now the note 8 in the last year. This phone is leaps and bounds better than any other Android device out there. Incredible screen, camera, water proof. And the pen is such an x factor. I use it every day. Hell, just earlier I used it to translate Portuguese to English.

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

If you like Android, the Note 8 really is an incredible phone. Ive had a love hate relationship with Android/Samsung for like 5+ years. Ive had a Note 7, Axon 7 and now the note 8 in the last year. This phone is leaps and bounds better than any other Android device out there. Incredible screen, camera, water proof. And the pen is such an x factor. I use it every day. Hell, just earlier I used it to translate Portuguese to English.

Wait, weren't you a huge windows guy? 

I remember us discussing our experiences in the old forum in the windows thread.