Packers Roster Cuts

Packerraymond

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

The bigger question is how in the heck a team ranked 30th in total defense make it to the SB being the #1 seed.

The weakest division in football and an entire conference that rolls out the red carpet for them every year. 

I wish I weren’t so jealous. 

4 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

he misinterpreted the rules!

God I wish you guys were on the same site as me when Spygate when down. One guy swore he cheated only to "pressure the league"

I can't even begin. But yes this is great too

6 hours ago, jleisher said:

Lewis!

I know he's a great blocker but it's hard to imagine a 6'6" fella lining up in the I-formation, just think Kendricks is more built for it. Stranger things have been witnessed though! Either way, I'm not going to lose any sleep not having Rip or Kerridge on this roster. 

8 hours ago, green machine said:

Darius Jackson was given Ripkowski's #22 jersey.  So I don't see Rip returning anytime soon.

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-sign-rb-darius-jackson-release-cb-herb-waters

Jackson has an interesting opportunity.  With Ty on last year of contract, plus with injury history, there's a fair chance that *if* Jackson can impress the Packers, he might get a fair shot to perhaps last all year or perhaps even get a niche and be able to come back next year.  Interesting that as a 6th-round pick, he didn't show the Cowboys enough to survive his rookie year, and got waived.  Yet he did show enough the Cleveland claimed him right away when waived. And Cowboys had apparently seen enough that they resigned him after his injury and after Cleveland waived him.  

I'm really curious whether the guy has blocking capacity.  *IF* he could emerge as a Ty-analog, but a Ty who can stay healthy and can block, perhaps he'll emerge as a functional role player for the Packers?  One anti-awful guy at a time, you never know how you can cobble together an improved roster.

Hoping the scouts are right in seeing some potential in the guy.  

Averaging 0.2 ypc this exhibition season doesn't inspire, though, nor did the pre-draft scouting report I saw.

9 hours ago, green machine said:

Darius Jackson was given Ripkowski's #22 jersey.  So I don't see Rip returning anytime soon.

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-sign-rb-darius-jackson-release-cb-herb-waters

I"ve been on the get rid of the fullback train for 3 years. I'm perfectly OK with this. It's the future of the NFL. Heck if it's first and goal at the 1, line up Spriggs or Patrick in the backfield and let him be the lead blocker. I"m guessing Spriggs can actually catch the ball too. 

Archived