Schefter: Bears to acquire Khalil Mack

CBears019

7 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

This is the part I like least about the move, of course.  Wonder how our cap room looks for upcoming seasons now.

I don’t think the cap hit will be bad. With a signing bonus like that, I imagine it’ll never exceed $15M. IIRC, Donald’s will be under $10M.

17 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

RT @AdamSchefter: Khalil Mack and the Bears just reached agreeement on a record-setting 6-year, $141 million extension ($23.5M per year avg) that includes $90M guaranteed and $60M at signing, source tells ESPN.

Mack is the new highest-paid defensive player in NFL history.

We should now be allowed to beat the living hell out of any Bears fan who references the "stupid cheap McCaskeys."

32 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I don’t think the cap hit will be bad. With a signing bonus like that, I imagine it’ll never exceed $15M. IIRC, Donald’s will be under $10M.

There will be some years well over 15 for sure, but they may have some years less than that. If that 60 mill at signing is strictly a signing bonus, that alone is 12 mil against the cap for five years. Going to be hard to stay under 15 with that, though I doubt all 60 is a SB 

43 minutes ago, yomyyo said:

How do the Bears have the cash to pay his salary? I believe that Brad Biggs mentioned that the team was already in the top 5 for cash outlay. 

Because they are the NFL franchise of the 3rd largest TV market in the country.  Have a massive national fanbase bc they were the charter franchise, and have a massive international fanbase bc they were extremely popular in the 80s when American football was growing in popularity abroad exponentially (as I'm sure mm90 can give you more info about).  Halas was said to throw around Penny's like manhole covers, but the McCaskeys dont have those concerns as they own a franchise worth almost $3B

Pace stepped up and went big. Won't fault that. Got some nice picks back from the Raiders and kept ours.

Not paying any unproven first rounders for the next few years.

The baseline to me is this.......

Mack, Smith, and Floyd.

We talking elite trio which other teams will not be seeing their likes during the course of the season, except when they play the Bears.

one of my favorite things to do today was look at different forums (news, GB, OAK) starting around this morning when news broke and everyone heard a different rumor (2 1s, a 2nd, a 3rd, and a player!) and how everyone was saying they would never pay that much for a potential HOF pass rusher (my favorite that i saw was 2 1s, a 2nd, AND Roquan) then as we got closer and closer to the afternoon, culminating in Schefter tweeting the terms of the deal. the amount of posters that went from "we're getting all this so its worth it" to "wait, what?" and also "there's no way i would trade that much, glad my team didn't do that" to "why didn't my GM make that deal!"

also, the analysis from other fan bases saying the bears still wont be good because all they have is MT10 and KM52, and KM52 and DC4 didn't do anything for the raiders, while completely failing to mention the other 51 players on the team

45 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Holy crap, I'm out of footballs!

How dare this forum limit my reactions!? I'm hyper-emotional and need MMOOOOOREEEE!

That actually bugs the crap out of me. Having spent most of my (wasted) internet time on a different forum, without those restrictions, I came to use the like button in lieu of making a basically unnecessary post saying, "I agree with you, buddy!" 

Seems stupid to do things in a different manner than that...

Archived