Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, broncofan48 said:

Oh I agree, but I think the plot armor of all the major players is literally the only weakness of that episode.  Maybe the NKs slow strut into the godswood

It's plot armor, but it's non-traditional plot armor because it wasn't like the audience saw it coming.  It's probably one of the most tolerable examples of plot armor.  Legitimately the only characters I saw mentioned around the net the last week that had no potential for death were Sansa and Sam.  People had serious doubts that characters like Jon, the Hound, Tyrion, would make it out, but I saw even some discussion in various places that thought they could die.  Then they ratcheted up the suspicion that Varys might go with bringing Melisandre back so early.

Honestly, this is like good horror movie writing.  You think a character's done for, they miraculously manage to survive, and then something rather soon down the line comes back to collect on them just when you think they're safe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I seriously thought at least two or three more important characters were going to die.  I came into this episode expecting a few 'No, not ________!' moments.  I didn't have a single one.  

Yeah.  Some of the characters (i.e. Lyanna Mormont) that died were surprising, but that's because I didn't think they were important enough to die.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I seriously thought at least two or three more important characters were going to die.  I came into this episode expecting a few 'No, not ________!' moments.  I didn't have a single one.  

I’m glad you were stoked when Lyanna Mormont died too! I literally cheered. I have problems

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

So, to combat that, you're going to add to the complaining by complaining about the complainers? I hereby complain about the complainers of the complainers.

I'm just going to whinge instead. Shout out to the hound!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skywindO2 said:

Arya in the library is actually a video game sequence I've failed at thousands of times because I'm too impatient for that.

I genuinely thought of it being a video game sequence and the Jon running from ice dragon dude part as well

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Dunno but if they can't kill Cersei by the beginning of the episode next week by either having Arya  cut her throat or have Bran walk her out a window like Tommen then this is easily the worst ending to a TV show since HBO began. Like seriously the heroes are beyond invincible at this point.

*cough* Dexter *cough*  (not an HBO show, I realize, but it's been a show that's ended since HBO began)

Just now, Daniel said:

Yeah.  Some of the characters (i.e. Lyanna Mormont) that died were surprising, but that's because I didn't think they were important enough to die.

She was the one death that I thought had some emotion behind it.  

I mean, it was an incredible episode.  That was the one flaw imo.