Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 minutes ago, animaltested said:

So its true, Jons death and resurrection (the Lord of Light putting their finger on the scales) and his true parentage had absolutely no bearing on the last arc and conclusion. Those reveals did NOTHING, but happened for the sake of happening. 

What a joke. 

Robert's unjust rebellion was never corrected for, Ned's greatest secret went for nothing, the Iron Throne was a MacGuffin, and the true King who would have been good at it wasn't made king because a prisoner said "hey why not the other guy".

What.

• Like 3

Great series, glad it's over now. Just started watching last February.

Good final episode. Good final season.

They left it very open to sequel series or a reboot in the future.

"Ask me in ten years..."

I feel like they basically told us Game of Thrones will be back.

This iteration however is over. For everyone that watched from the beginning this has been a fun ride.

I hope people appreciate it as much as they can and reflect on all of the joy it has brought them along with countless others.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

More than anything I'm just wondering how close this is to GRRM's ending. He told them how he wants it to end, there's no way he didn't. 

There's no way that I would believe that Bran ends up ruling in his story. Dany as the Mad Queen? Definitely. Not the Bran thing. The original outline did have Jamie ruling; maybe he never changed that lol. I don't think it'll be Jon either. So I wouldn't be surprised if the info he gave them was "Here's what happens to Dany...Jon is not becoming king", and then let them roam. 

Concerns about pacing, rushed storylines and all else aside, if you didn’t think this was GRRM’s intended ending, you missed the entire purpose of the show. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Robert's unjust rebellion was never corrected for, Ned's greatest secret went for nothing, the Iron Throne was a MacGuffin, and the true King who would have been good at it wasn't made king because a prisoner said "hey why not the other guy".

What.

Yep if Jon had actually stayed dead. The NK would never have crossed the Wall and Dany would not have burned KL to the ground.

Just now, Deadpulse said:

Arya the pirate queen spinoff please

The only spinoff of Arya I wanted was her and the Hound traveling around Westeros on horseback...but no, they had to shatter that dream last week. 

6 minutes ago, animaltested said:

So its true, Jons death and resurrection (the Lord of Light putting their finger on the scales) and his true parentage had absolutely no bearing on the last arc and conclusion. Those reveals did NOTHING, but happened for the sake of happening. 

What a joke. 

What a shocking twist, am i right?