Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

20 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

If that's the case then he would have turned down the Throne or at least looked surprised at being nominated.

He obviously can see some things that happen in the future. We just don't know if he gets to choose what he sees.

12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If this was the ending, I would have preferred no king. 7 independent kingdoms.

7 independent kingdoms ruled by?

I really wish they had given more time to show us more affection between Dany and Jon.  For one of the most important deaths in the show, I really didn't feel any which way about it from Jon's perspective.  We keep being told how in love Dany and Jon are but they really didn't give us more than the occasional shot of affection between them.  It felt like something Jon just had to do instead of a betrayal.  Granted, Ygritte didn't just massacre and entire city, but her death was much harder hitting.  

• Like 4

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

He obviously can see some things that happen in the future. We just don't know if he gets to choose what he sees.

I'm still baffled why he would accept it when he himself said he does not want anymore. He could have done so much good just ruling from Winterfell and still turned it down and it was presented by him just not wanting it. So him accepting this was just the most out of the blue decision in the series and contradicts what he's been telling everyone.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

It is the most negative place on this earth. It is a place where nobody is happy and absence of light. Twitter is hell.

As soon as Twitter evolved to being anything more than a place to quickly find breaking news and articles, it went downhill.

Agree and interesting perspective.

I dont use Twitter to chat with strangers. I'm not anti-social but I dont follow a lot of individuals. Rather, I use it (as you reference above) as a news source - primarily for political data - and I dont need to chat with anon strangers about such things. I considered it like the old fashioned news ticker tape machine - just constantly churning out "information" - so I stay hooked up with accredited news sources.

However - since the character of our news has changed in recent years to more "opinionated" thoughts - I've found that even those news organizations I chose to inform me can inflame my thinking and emotions simply by their constant feed of their perspectives.

So I've taken to taking Twitter in smaller doses.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm still baffled why he would accept it when he himself said he does not want anymore. He could have done so much good just ruling from Winterfell and still turned it down and it was presented by him just not wanting it. So him accepting this was just the most out of the blue decision in the series and contradicts what he's been telling everyone.

He doesnt want to be Lord of Winterfell 

Hes king now, and its nice for him.

Minor notes from me:

- Wife and I drank two bottles of wine, so I got some thoughts.

- Drogon nudging mommy? Nearly broke me.

- Jon reunited with Tormund/Ghost? Broke me.

- Drogon burning the throne was his way of saying what caused her decent; She was obsessed over the throne, so the throne was the great catalyst of her demise, not Jon.

- Bran as king seemed a bit like a cop out, but makes sense. Who better to rule than someone who can view presidence in real time? He's not going to be doomed to make the same mistakes.

- Robin Arryn. I think he's bound to do some good things for the world. He looks ready.

- Sansa got what she wanted, but not what she wanted...she wanted to be married to the king, but now she's queen. There's a subtle difference between the two.

- Spin off: The Adventures of the Small Council. Bronn, Tyrian, Brienne and special guest star Podrick, keeping the peace. Mark it!

- HBO has an MCU-type world to play with now. The last eight seasons were their own Avengers, and now they can create their own prequels, individual adventures, origin stories...but then bring it all back to this timeline for their own Earth defining event. 

- Doom of Valarya. That's the next event, IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Something we could have found out with a follow up series. Instead of 5 prequels.

Because when GRRM was writing his books originally and mapped out where things were going, he was definitely concerned more with sequels he was never going to write than telling his story. 

And I also don’t see how it works with the message GRRM was sending.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

His own words were he didn't want anything anymore.

thats true, but he had to make people think he didnt want to be king in order to get to be king.

Notice how when the Counsil was hailing Bran, someone said "we will get better at it"

And Bran said yes you will.

Bran loves being king!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Because when GRRM was writing his books originally and mapped out where things were going, he was definitely concerned more with sequels he was never going to write than telling his story. 

And I also don’t see how it works with the message GRRM was sending.

What did Martin have to do wtih this show after Season 4?