Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

9 hours ago, jyod21 said:

I didn't realize that.  I could understand Rhaeger's son being in succession before Dany, because he's a male, and can more naturally carry on the last name, but it sounds weird that his kid would be in line before his sibling, if he never actually sits on the throne.   

So if Joffrey had a son, and then Joffrey dies,while Robert is still alive, (so before Joffrey was ever king), that son would have a greater claim to the throne than Tommen, after Robert dies? 

If you want a real life, current example of this sort of succession, just look at the British monarchy's line of succession

You have Queen Elizabeth II currently on the throne.  

Next in line is Prince Charles, her oldest son.  

Second in line is Prince William, Charles' oldest son, despite the fact that Charles has 2 brothers and a sister.  

Third and fourth in line are William's kids (George and Charlotte), despite the fact that William has a brother in Prince Harry

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Even so, I am glad they are dedicating time to the things that actually matter instead of showing Sam going scroll by scroll. 

No I get it lol. I agree. I'm sure they would've made it more interesting than how you portrayed it but it's just something that stuck out to me. That and the opening scene.

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

In the scene showing Sam working at the Citadel, the bed pan montage or whatever you want to call it, one of his major duties there was returning and sorting books that those above him were reading or working with. Presumably, by this point, he knew well how that library was organized, so even if he didn't know the books themselves, he would've known where to look and would've known some potentially good sources.

A fair point. That montage was overlooked by me especially as a Groundhog Day type thing. In the midst of wiping poo, I guess he could gain some knowledge of the layout of the place. I definitely overlooked this.

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

A fair point. That montage was overlooked by me especially as a Groundhog Day type thing. In the midst of wiping poo, I guess he could gain some knowledge of the layout of the place. I definitely overlooked this.

Another point, I think everybody who ever complains about the timing of events (how long it takes for one person to get to another place) should be legally obligated to watch that Sam poop montage again.  Just so they could see how many times he cleared the bedpans.  because if this show didn't fast forward certain timespans, we'd get stuff about as meaningful as that. 

16 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

It's this whole angle that makes me hope one of the proposed spin offs is Robert's Rebellion. There is so much there to chew on in terms of story, and you have a central character who is so appealing in Rhygar Targaryen - would be awesome to see him portrayed in a show...

I've said this for a while with friends.  Robert's Rebellion and everything that led to it....Harenhall....the Mad King...man that would be a great show.  Or even a few movies.

29 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I've said this for a while with friends.  Robert's Rebellion and everything that led to it....Harenhall....the Mad King...man that would be a great show.  Or even a few movies.

They could also do a dunk and egg show. 

Wait, how would Edmure Tully be the 3rd dragon? That would be a huge letdown. That dude is a pansy.

As for the GOT Suicide Squad, who do you think makes it? I think The Hound survives, if only because I cant see a way he doesn't face his brother at some point. I think Gendry survives, because it would be pretty absurd to kill him an episode into his arc. And Jon survives, because he is too integral to the story.  

I think Beric and Thoros have to die, because as much as I like them as characters, I don't see their role in the 'long game' (Or 'too short game' seeing how fast this is all being concluded).

Jorah and/or Tormud must die to give the fans some feels, because no one will care too much about Beric and Thoros.

I think there may be a future between Tormud and Brienne, at least to the point where I personally think they die semi romantic moment as the dead storm Winterfell. Maybe taking a WW with them.

So ya, after review I think Jorah, Beric and Thoros are toast. And I think the excursion north will be exciting but piss everyone off because it will wrap up in 3-5 minutes (JK, sorta)

11 hours ago, drd23 said:

If you want a real life, current example of this sort of succession, just look at the British monarchy's line of succession

You have Queen Elizabeth II currently on the throne.  

Next in line is Prince Charles, her oldest son.  

Second in line is Prince William, Charles' oldest son, despite the fact that Charles has 2 brothers and a sister.  

Third and fourth in line are William's kids (George and Charlotte), despite the fact that William has a brother in Prince Harry

Except even there, Elizabeth said she was passing over Charles for William when she steps down.

14 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Wait, how would Edmure Tully be the 3rd dragon? That would be a huge letdown. That dude is a pansy.

As for the GOT Suicide Squad, who do you think makes it? I think The Hound survives, if only because I cant see a way he doesn't face his brother at some point. I think Gendry survives, because it would be pretty absurd to kill him an episode into his arc. And Jon survives, because he is too integral to the story.  

I think Beric and Thoros have to die, because as much as I like them as characters, I don't see their role in the 'long game' (Or 'too short game' seeing how fast this is all being concluded).

Jorah and/or Tormud must die to give the fans some feels, because no one will care too much about Beric and Thoros.

I think there may be a future between Tormud and Brienne, at least to the point where I personally think they die semi romantic moment as the dead storm Winterfell. Maybe taking a WW with them.

So ya, after review I think Jorah, Beric and Thoros are toast. And I think the excursion north will be exciting but piss everyone off because it will wrap up in 3-5 minutes (JK, sorta)

I'm pretty much in lockstep with you. Can see Thoros survive, simply because of his connection with Melisandre as a priest of the Lord of Light. I don't think that old religion is done yet in terms of the overall story...

But outside of that, yup. Jorah is toast (pushing Dany to further madness) and Beric is dead simply because his arc really has no further room to play out. Gendry makes it to reunite with Arya and forge all of that sweet dragonglass, Jon isn't dying, Tormund has a love interest that needs to finish and we need to see the Clegane bowl play out.