NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

On 6/5/2019 at 9:58 AM, ET80 said:

Look at Watson to Fuller - wow, if Fuller could play a full 16, a Watson/Hopkins/Fuller trip could be impossible to stop.

Love me some Fuller. He’s a guy I grab every year in fantasy and ride to a good start. Then scramble to find a replacement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Love me some Fuller. He’s a guy I grab every year in fantasy and ride to a good start. Then scramble to find a replacement.

That's my strategy as well. If he could stay healthy...

Granted, I'm glad that he was the pick over the other WRs I was looking at that year - Corey Coleman, Laquan Treadwell and Josh Doctson haven't compared to Fuller thus far (Michael Thomas has them all beat, however...)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

A 22 play sample size will do that.

Agree.

Sample size cuts both ways though. How many plays in "the first 3 quarters" of the playoff game against the Chargers did it take to label him a career bust.

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm sure Tom Coughlin loves this. I don't blame Yannick though. I'd want that taken care of asap as well, especially when you made next to nothing  those first few years. 

On 6/7/2019 at 3:02 PM, wackywabbit said:

Agree.

Sample size cuts both ways though. How many plays in "the first 3 quarters" of the playoff game against the Chargers did it take to label him a career bust.

All of them, through 3 quarters of the playoff game covered 100% of his playoff snaps as opposed to the tea sipping success that accounted for like 7% of his season stats.

There will be haters. There is a very low percentage of people who have claimed he is a career bust. Which of course can't even be true at this point. There are other people who question if he, or Josh Allen, can fix their accuracy issues and therefore don't see them as quarterbacks with a lot of future potential. If Lamar wants to use that as a driving force that can be good. To use those people as a driving force as a poster doesn't really have the same effect. He's going to be fun to watch (for Raven fans) if he stays healthy. Sure he will have to eventually evolve but he is young and dynamic as a runner right now which will open up easy passes which will make it easier for him in the short term and should exciting to watch for his fans. It's up to the coaches to scheme it for success which we will see in a few months.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

All of them, through 3 quarters of the playoff game covered 100% of his playoff snaps as opposed to the tea sipping success that accounted for like 7% of his season stats.

There will be haters. There is a very low percentage of people who have claimed he is a career bust. Which of course can't even be true at this point. There are other people who question if he, or Josh Allen, can fix their accuracy issues and therefore don't see them as quarterbacks with a lot of future potential. If Lamar wants to use that as a driving force that can be good. To use those people as a driving force as a poster doesn't really have the same effect. He's going to be fun to watch (for Raven fans) if he stays healthy. Sure he will have to eventually evolve but he is young and dynamic as a runner right now which will open up easy passes which will make it easier for him in the short term and should exciting to watch for his fans. It's up to the coaches to scheme it for success which we will see in a few months.

Lamar Jackson sucks. I'll take that to the bank all day. The Ravens will be looking for a new QB next off-season.