2017 Preseason GDT Week 2 Browns and Giants

Bucketheadsdad

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

We can when Kizer sells it with the (objectively, they measured his arm speed compared to others) best pump fake in the game to the opposite side. He isn't perfect, and his areas to grow have been on full display today. I still want him starting sooner rather than later.

I agree completely. I think there is a misconception on "rookie QBs sitting a year or two"  as if it's a guarantee it makes them better. I think getting experience, coaching, and especially support from the team will help develop a QB more than anything. Really excited for Kizer as teams have to worry about his arm and this is him still playing without JT giving him that feeling of security. 

1 minute ago, Reginaldm9 said:

You know what else builds confidence? Getting the QB a passing TD. Building rapport with TEs in a goal line situation builds confidence. 

I don't understand what you're wanting. Do you want a unrealistic playcall in that situation?

12 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I dont think he has looked bad tonight. Now the offensive line has sucked tonight

It's not that he's been inaccurate. It's that he doesn't know a blitz is coming and seems to be dropping back and not know what he's getting into.

Obviously I agree about the pass blocking. It's been expectedly disappointing. Some of the blitzes, ideally, you see coming pre-snap. Most rookies don't. The lack of pass blocking in general though is all the more reason not to play Kizer week 1. Maybe he's the answer, maybe not. What we don't want is for him to take 50 sacks this year and lose his confidence in the pocket from the start.

8 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

You know what else builds confidence? Getting the QB a passing TD. Building rapport with TEs in a goal line situation builds confidence. 

You build rapport with TEs and players in practice not in a game. No need to pass up on points like that to experiment. 

There was nothing wrong with what they did

Just now, mistakey said:

i dont think kizers ready to start yet unfortunately i think osweiler and kessler will suck just enough to make hue go with kizer week one before he wants to

Imposter 

the real mistake would never mention a browns player possibly sucking. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

It's not, but that's not a smart play call. Would you have been upset if he just handed it off to Dayes for a score? 

Why isn't it smart to get the ball to a receiver? I'm not upset in any regard. They could've just handed it off and that would have made more sense. Dayes may very well get goalline carries. Giving the ball to your rookie QB to scoot half a yard doesn't play well to me in a simulation environment. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

You build rapport with TEs and players in practice not in a game. No need to pass up on points like that to experiment. 

There was nothing wrong with what they did

Lol based on what? Why play preseason at all if not to build rapport and practice your routines? 

Archived