Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thats amazing man. Congrats!!!!

I know the feeling....in this quarantine it opened up a lot of possibilities for people. I literally started my own business by making arts and crafts with a e-commerce website and a vendors license. I was in the bank yesterday to open a business checking account after the LLC went through and I had a moment of 'wtf am I doing right now?'

Take the opportunity and crush it! 

Outstanding news.  I'd been a couple of months into this endeavour when the pandemic hit, but it has given many of us an opportunity to find a productive outlet for our "stay at home" time.  Eventually I think I'll end up with an LLC with the podcast (still relatively small in the total number of listens [closing in on 12,000 total downloads], but looking at how most podcasts go, I'm told that I'm doing pretty well).

• Like 2

The games are all on Fox Soccer Plus, but also available for free on the https://womens.afl/matches/2021 site.  This is the 5th year for the women's comp, and the level of play has improved tremendously over the last couple years.  If I were to recommend any of the games (I'll be watching all 7 this weekend), I'd recommend the entire Saturday schedule.  Some fantastic matchups, with 6 of the top 7 teams in the league.

Edited by Bucketheadsdad

7 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

The games are all on Fox Soccer Plus, but also available for free on the https://womens.afl/matches/2021 site.  This is the 5th year for the women's comp, and the level of play has improved tremendously over the last couple years.  If I were to recommend any of the games (I'll be watching all 7 this weekend), I'd recommend the entire Saturday schedule.  Some fantastic matchups, with 6 of the top 7 teams in the league.

Huge magpie fan 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I wonder if Texas still wants to separate from the US?

One snow storm sent their entire state into a 3rd world country.

And what is up with some Texans getting electric bills in the $1,000's of dollars??  That's insane. 

Peace!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Anyone have a tankless water heater? Thoughts on it?

My in-laws had one, didn't really like it.  They experienced pretty frequent loss of hot water, and the temp of the water was a bit inconsistent.

I just went through the water heater decision myself. Was considering a heat pump water heater but opted for the traditional gas kind.  It was tempting to go for the long-term energy savings of a heat pump one, but I didn't feel like putting up with the inconvenience of running out of hot water.  I understand that's a fairly common problem.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

My in-laws had one, didn't really like it.  They experienced pretty frequent loss of hot water, and the temp of the water was a bit inconsistent.

I just went through the water heater decision myself. Was considering a heat pump water heater but opted for the traditional gas kind.  It was tempting to go for the long-term energy savings of a heat pump one, but I didn't feel like putting up with the inconvenience of running out of hot water.  I understand that's a fairly common problem.

Thanks. Yeah I’ve only known one other person who’s had one. Seems like a good concept but I was skeptical that it would keep water hot consistently. Doesn’t seem to be worth it for the price. Seems like a newer technology. Maybe they’ll have it figured out in a other 10 years. My current tank is leaking underneath so I’m going to have to get one ASAP but at least I have home owners insurance which will hopefully cover some of the cost.