Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

18 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I seem to remember candy, MWil, and Thomas's wife (maybe Thomas?).

I'm sure there are more.

Yeah my wife had it, I somehow didn't. At least I Tested negative and didn't have any symptoms. A lot of my family back in Ohio and all of my sister's family in Oregon have had it. Lost a 58 yo uncle. So far my parents have avoided it and those are the ones I worry about most.

Anyone here had or getting the vaccine and which one? I'm signed up for the Pfizer vaccine at work (education employee).

17 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah my wife had it, I somehow didn't. At least I Tested negative and didn't have any symptoms. A lot of my family back in Ohio and all of my sister's family in Oregon have had it. Lost a 58 yo uncle. So far my parents have avoided it and those are the ones I worry about most.

Anyone here had or getting the vaccine and which one? I'm signed up for the Pfizer vaccine at work (education employee).

I have several friends that have received it because they work in healthcare. For there sake they are very relieved. 

My employer(large manufacturer) is receiving the Vaccine to distribute to all of our employees from the health department. We have our own health clinic so it's much easier for us to distribute and I've already signed up to receive it. 

Edited by captin midnight
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I will be getting the Moderna vaccine, also through being an education employee. I'd expect March to be when I'm eligible to receive mine. They're prioritizing:

1. Age

2. Immuno-compromised

3. Workers with special needs students (students who cannot/do not wear masks)

4. Everyone else (Me)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I’ll get it when it’s available to the gen public. So probably next year. 

4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not getting the vaccine until I can confirm that the first 6 to 9 months of recipients have not started turning into zombies. Minimum. 

The heath department called me today and said they could get me in immediately if I was available. I wasn't, I was the only one at work so they said I should get a call for an appointment next week.

I've never seen an unhappy zombie, I'm not sure what would be so bad about that. It would probably be worse for those around me, although a couple in here should be safe.

23 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not getting the vaccine until I can confirm that the first 6 to 9 months of recipients have not started turning into zombies. Minimum. 

What evidence will you be looking for?  Outfitting themselves with "terrible towels"?  Beginning to wear purple and developing a taste for crab cakes?