Broncos QB Chad Kelly arrested; released

Chargers

4 hours ago, Woz said:

Now, it were weed (natural or synthetic) that would/should put him in the substance abuse program (assuming he wasn't there already). The interesting piece is that criminal trespass piece means he could still be suspended under the conduct policy.

Thing is, the police didn't test him - that statement he had no alcohol was actually false, it's a default statement (see link below).   And the NFL investigation is under the personal conduct policy, so without further info, it's solely based on the criminal activity.  As there was no violence, no driving, etc. - well, seems more likely that the charges get plead down to misdemeanor / no contest, or dropped altogether.    Similar to the Robbie Anderson-type events.

If Kelly isn't in phase 1 of the NFL drug program (and after 90 days of being clean, players in 1st offence get cleared and are taken out of the program, i.e. from last season, he'd have been removed), then there's no more testing until next April-August.  And this arrest doesn't trigger that if it's not drug-related (which trespassing isn't, last time I looked lol).   So I doubt there's a drug angle here without some more hard evidence, they can't even test him randomly unless he's still in the program - if he's not in the program, he can only be subject to personal conduct. And in that regard, with no violence, well, hard to see much come of it.  Then again, it's the NFL, so nothing is guaranteed.

The main Q raised is if Elway will cut bait - honestly, while Kelly is a hothead and a guy whose in-between-the-ears skills are his biggest obstacle to see if he's got any real future in the NFL, this was at a party with his teammates, and no violence, no driving...pretty meh IMO for saying he's off the team.    Now, it doesn't help his case either, lol.   But I'd guess he's an inactive @KC, and the CBA allows for a 1-game suspension...nothing more, unless they cut him.  I expect unless we hear more, the most likely outcome is a 1-game suspension, to have Elway & co. show they are "serious" about this problem.   

1 hour ago, Jaguarfan said:

this dude, at age 22, ran onto a high school field to join a brawl, knowing that he had a potential NFL job in his future

and people actually think he can be a competent QB in this league

To be fair, he figured that nowadays you can't touch the QB when he steps on the field.

To add more information, the party Chad Kelly was coming from was hosted by Von Miller. Those who attended the party said it was cocaine party, now I'm wondering how quickly Von Miller can be suspended once the NFL investigate this.

Edit nevermind it was a Cocaine themed Halloween party. Von is cleared lol

Uhhhhhhh guys? We're missing a MAJOR piece to this story. This changes everything. He was dressed as a Cowboy. That makes pretty much anything you're doing a "good time" rather than "crime."

Non-story, in fact get this man another beer. 

It's a very bizarre situation, perhaps involving Von Miller's Halloween party, if you're willing to connect the dots. And the circumstances are just weird: according to police documents, Kelly, apparently dressed as a cowboy, stumbled into someone's house, sat down on their couch, "mumbled incoherently" and then got hit with a vacuum tube a bunch. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chad-kelly-arrested-on-trespassing-charge-while-in-cowboy-costume-following-broncos-halloween-party/

8 hours ago, Dome said:

I had a drunk guy stumble into my entryway one time. We were going in and out for a BBQ and could see the door so we left it unlocked. He just fell right on in.

Good way to get shot, doing it in the middle of the night like that. Glad nobody got hurt. 

It was the 2nd or 3rd day home after my son was born, we were in a trailer park since that's all we could afford. My neighbor was a drunkard, and while holding my son she opened my door and walked in while I was looking for something on the table by the door. I straight up stiffarmed her right back out the door and down the steps. She got up, stayed off the steps and asked to borrow my lawnmower. lol

The guy is Manziel with less promise. And I say that having been one of the most outspoken against Manziel prior to him being drafted.

17 hours ago, Dome said:

I had a drunk guy stumble into my entryway one time. We were going in and out for a BBQ and could see the door so we left it unlocked. He just fell right on in.

Good way to get shot, doing it in the middle of the night like that. Glad nobody got hurt. 

Agreed.  I did that once going to my cousin's apartment.  Honest mistake, but I went into the house next door.  I had been to my cousin's place once before, sober, and in the day.  This time I was drunk and it was 2 am.  Once I got in there I realized I was in the wrong place, and left immediately.  But that could have been really, really bad.

Archived