Activated10

Trubisky vs Watson  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Trubisky or Watson, which QB you take for next decade

• Mitchell Trubisky
    • Deshaun Watson

6 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Meh, I don’t think I am.

Smitty largely did what the other Bears guy did. Poked and prodded, asked some loaded questions, but never said Watson>Tru. Danger made one little comment and said it wasn’t close. 

Sounds more like an overreaction.

Go back and read the Mitch thread in NFLgen. Smitty was clearly saying Watson>Mitch in this one. And is saying "it's even close" not considered a strong statement? Again, there is a big difference between having an opinion and having a strong one, and it's strong statements like these that I do expect others to be able to back up. 

12 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You are though, because one guy did exactly what Superman was doing. Not making a definitive stance, but making points and asking questions as if they did. 

1) I think it's pretty clear at this point which posters are saying Watson>Mitch even if they don't say it out-right. Cmon man, you're smarter than that.
2) I got all the love in the world for my man Supe, but he is a bit of homer. 

20 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah, but have they watched Watson? 

They have not said anything about Mitch being better than anyone so they have nothing to defend in the first place. Whereas others most certainly are saying Watson will be better and I'm only asking why they think this and what is it based on. There's nothing wrong with that. 

But I'm done with this discussion as it has nothing to do with the topic a hand.

8 hours ago, BAConrad said:

What? 

Trubisky has had to CARRY the offense? 

Yeah....Cause Tarik Cohen Jordan Howard Anthony Miller Trey Burton Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel have all been so bad and have just been bailed out so many times by Trubisky right? 

Dude. I know now. YOU are Mitchell Trubisky's mom aren't you??? So why did you make him change it from Mitch to Mitchell? Just curious

Yeah he has, and yeah Jordan Howard hasnt done much of anything this year, and neither has Cohen...as a runner.  Let's talk about these great weapons.  Is it coincidence that Burton and Gabriel already have matched their career best years? How about that the Bears have 4 receivers over 400 yards (and a 5th just behind) They also have 4 WRs with at least 4 TDs.  Maybe just maybe the player who accounts for 75% of the TDs scored by a top 5 offense might have something to do with that.  

Who cares whos the best. There are a ton of excellent young qbs in the NFL right now. I'm fully confident Wentz will continue to win us big games the rest of his career, that is not saying he is the best. Watson is fun to watch and is excellent for Houston, the same goes for Goff, Baker, and Trubisky. Not Dak.. Never go Dak

22 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

But--Wentz CARRYING the Eagles? That's simply ridiculous. The Eagles are a solid team up and down. 

Have you watched a single game of the Eagles this year? He is 100% carrying the offense, and evidently, that's not enough as the offense is mediocre... and to be faie that is to be expected, since he is not yet an elite QB. I reckon Rodgers, Brees, Brady, those are the only guys who could truly carry an offense and have it be a top one at that. You really cannot "lose" on many downs, but Wentz still makes mistakes time to time that have largely been eradicated from the games of the elite. Well, when they're at the top of their game anyway.

9 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Is it coincidence that Burton and Gabriel already have matched their career best years? 

They were back-ups on their former teams, of course they’ll have more production being starters. xD

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

They were back-ups on their former teams, of course they’ll have more production being starters. xD

That applies to Burton, if he wasnt showing out as a top 5-10TE. Gabriel on the other hand is in the exact same role he has been everywhere else, but is still having a better year than he did in Ryan's mvp year

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

That applies to Burton, if he wasnt showing out as a top 5-10TE. Gabriel on the other hand is in the exact same role he has been everywhere else, but is still having a better year than he did in Ryan's mvp year

Burton 17’: 15 games, 300 total snaps (26.53%), 31 targets.

Burton 18’: 9 games, 478 total snaps (80.07%), 45 targets.

Gabriel 16’: 13 games, 348 total snaps (33.49%), 50 targets.

Gabriel 18’: 9 games, 470 total snaps (78.73%), 52 targets. 

So...yeah. They were backups and 4th options on their former teams. No surprise at all they’re having more/similar production as their snaps go up.

6 hours ago, El ramster said:

It's pretty insane to me how these Bear fans come to Mitches aid.

Just let his play do the talking.. Shhhh.. He's not that good. But he's your not that good

of a QB. 

He was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week.

I mean...you can't even approach it sensibly...

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Have you watched a single game of the Eagles this year? He is 100% carrying the offense, and evidently, that's not enough as the offense is mediocre... and to be faie that is to be expected, since he is not yet an elite QB. I reckon Rodgers, Brees, Brady, those are the only guys who could truly carry an offense and have it be a top one at that. You really cannot "lose" on many downs, but Wentz still makes mistakes time to time that have largely been eradicated from the games of the elite. Well, when they're at the top of their game anyway.

He's doing well, but the Eagles aren't Wentz only. They're still a good team. Sorry. 

32 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

He was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week.

I mean...you can't even approach it sensibly...

He's doing well, but the Eagles aren't Wentz only. They're still a good team. Sorry. 

You’re such a nice polite gentleman. See you in a few weeks. 

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

You’re such a nice polite gentleman. See you in a few weeks. 

Not sure how the outcome reflects on this conversation, but yeah, it will be an interesting one, for sure. Hopefully a lot of fun to watch. 

Even more fun to see how you spin it if Trubisky does well. 

On 11/13/2018 at 11:53 PM, JustAnotherFan said:

Go back and read the Mitch thread in NFLgen. Smitty was clearly saying Watson>Mitch in this one.

Certainly. I saw a lot of things I liked in Watson and a lot of things I didn't like in Trubisky. Not going to comment further until I've seen them more recently but I've been very busy... Mostly playing Red Dead 2.

Archived