2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Oooo wee, that's a big number (assuming it's correct), but color me thrilled with the move regardless. 

Well if we drafted these guys we would have extended them. As CWood notes all of these guys are coming off rookie deals. Costs have gone up. With our draft we are sitting in nice shape. Need Gute to knock it out of the park and we should be a contending team for the next number of years. 

• Like 1

Just now, PACKRULE said:

Well if we drafted these guys we would have extended them. As CWood notes all of these guys are coming off rookie deals. Costs have gone up. With our draft we are sitting in nice shape. Need Gute to knock it out of the park and we should be a contending team for the next number of years. 

I was more or less referring to the fact that second contracts usually go better than 3rd or 4th contracts.  There's some upside here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PACKRULE said:

How old is Rodgers again?  What is his realistic "window"?

These moves for 3-4 years show that Gute is "going for it".

Nail the draft and we will rebound nicely.

23 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I do like PFF for things like pressures, BPUs, things of that nature.  But their grading system is deeply flawed.  And a lot of mock drafters, at least the good ones, get info from front offices.

I think the point is Tillery at 12 is not absurd and, IMO, more likely than 30-44.