16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

12 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

It is about the context of the record. Sherman’s Packers were similar to MM’s last few years in that the team had peaked about 4 years before and there was a clear downward trajectory. 12-4, 2 years of barely getting in the playoffs at 10-6 in a bad nfcn, 4-12. 

With that said, I’d argue that the talent and draft miscues have hurt the team more than coaching. We’ve had a 0 impact class in 2015. 2017 might be too baring major developments.

Better be careful with that thought process. It's been discussed here before and the Ted apologists won't appreciate it.         

34 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Better be careful with that thought process. It's been discussed here before and the Ted apologists won't appreciate it.         

Lol, very true.

I’ll always like TT, but it is hard to defend the 15 and 17 drafts and just the complancy in the organization for awhile (Capers, not investing in pass rush, only taking 6 ft corners who aren’t great laterally, could go on). I still agree with his general philosophy of draft and develop and money ball aspect to the game (getting comp picks, spending on your guys), but when you aren’t hitting and set in your ways, it doesn’t work

47 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

As one of the TT apologists I can acknowledge the unproductive 2015 and 2017 drafts.  What the 'apologists' don't care for is the 'hindsight' crowd trying to condemn everything TT did on the basis of those two drafts. Okay?

I've been on the McDaniels train from the start and happy a lot of cynical posters have jumped on board. The only team standing in our way is Cleveland if they decide they want him. 

But I think if we land one of the top three candidates we'll be in good shape.  Mac wasn't a sexy candidate in 2006. He was the OC of an 30th ranked offense of a team so bad they got the # 1 overall pick in 2005.  The only way he got that job he really had to blow TT away in his interview, but and it ultimately worked out he won a SB.

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Perhaps Greg is noteworthy since he’s covered both the Packers and Pats

Yeah, that is good to hear.  I've wondered how good of a fit they were for one another .. Bedard should have good insight there. Rodgers says he wants to be coached and challenged .. maybe someone will actually do it.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah, that is good to hear.  I've wondered how good of a fit they were for one another .. Bedard should have good insight there.

2 things:

1. Rodgers has become what he didn’t want to be... Favre.

2. As I have said before Rodgers is like Rosen, he asks why... like a lot haha. The main appeal in my mind with McDaniels is we clearly are hiring someone smarter in offensive football than Rodgers. Now McDaniels coming in and badmouthing Aaron isn’t going to win him over.

But... I bet McDaniels can mess with Rodgers head a bit and always be like well Brady did it and how many SB rings does he have? Or he will be able to explain everything and answer those whys. And if he does that early and often enough Rodgers will buy in.

Archived