NFL Nearing 5-year extension for Roger Goodell until 2024

Broncofan

6 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

Pretty sure I heard this same lament 10 years ago, and every year since.

Not only that, but with all the lawsuits and such, we are never going back to 70's and 80's style football regardless of who the commissioner is. That's a snowball rolling downhill that has gotten too large to stop.

Honestly im shocked some of you havent figured this out yet.  Goddell is exactly who the owners want him to be.  They wanted a law and order commish bc of the state of the league's reputation when they hired him and they have gotten exactly what they have asked for.  In addition they have seen the league grow in value exponentially.  All the while Goddell has been the one to take the hits publicly and the owners dont even have to field questions about any of it.  You are crazy if you think a single owner is unhappy with Goddell

Owners should love him.

They making more $ off NFL then every before, stadiums built from tax payers $, present & future risk reduced, and him taking all the blame for the dirty work that needs to happen, while owners keep looking squeaky clean.

He deserves to get paid massively, and they are united behind him.

Agree with all the sentiment the owners are unified behind him.  The league continues to make record profits in spite of the negative press.  Are there any real signs the public is close to shying away from the product.  Goodell schooled the union in the last CBA negotiation.  A commissioners job today is not the integrity of the game, it's profit margin.  Nothing more.

34 minutes ago, Malik said:

I don't get why people are attributing the rise in profits to Goodell.

Don't think we're saying that, the NFL has a good thing going in terms of product and demand, but Goodell is greasing the tracks by playing the villain for the good-guy owners.

12 hours ago, bananabucket said:

I don't think I've ever met a person who likes Goodell. 

This extension is proof that there's about 30 people who like him. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

22 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

This extension is proof that there's about 30 people who like him. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

This is pretty much all you need to know. He is doing exactly what the owners want, how they want him to do it. And the owners stay clean because of it.

Archived