What does everyone do for a living?

BayRaider

On 7/19/2019 at 5:24 AM, holt_bruce81 said:

So not sure where to put this question so I decided to bump this thread. 

I currently have a job as an Inventory Manager. It pays the bills. And I work part time at a grocery store (10-15 hours). 

Been thinking about a career change for awhile now. I like The thought of getting into IT but I don’t have a degree and I have no experience in that field. For something in Cyber security, can you get a job getting certain certifications offered online Or is that all just a bunch of BS? Lot of “tips” out there on how to break into the field and what certs are a must, but everyone seems to have a different opinion on them. 

My neighbors son is in college for Cyber Security. There seems to be so much demand that everyone in his class has been recruited. And near all of them have a job waiting for them to get out. He has a job waiting for him with 3 semesters to go in school. And I wouldnt trust him to operate my lawn mower.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

My neighbors son is in college for Cyber Security. There seems to be so much demand that everyone in his class has been recruited. And near all of them have a job waiting for them to get out. He has a job waiting for him with 3 semesters to go in school. And I wouldnt trust him to operate my lawn mower.

Yet, he'll probably be helping to encrypt your PPI and keep it off the dark web...

Crazy times we live in...

On 1/8/2019 at 1:54 PM, Shanedorf said:

If you have a random guy in the bar - most chicks won't give him the time of day
But if you put that same random guy behind the bar, he suddenly becomes super-desirable

I don't know why that is, but it is. And that alone makes it a worthy profession

This is 100% correct. There’s a ton of respect for bartenders if you’re a good one. Sunday a woman beckoned me towards her and slipped money in my pocket and told me “you work like a ****** horse” lol. I got six numbers that’s night. One more and I would’ve had a full phone number 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tyty said:

This is 100% correct. There’s a ton of respect for bartenders if you’re a good one. Sunday a woman beckoned me towards her and slipped money in my pocket and told me “you work like a ****** horse” lol. I got six numbers that’s night. One more and I would’ve had a full phone number 

I think she said "look", not "work"

• Like 6

15 hours ago, The LBC said:

You already knew this, but yeah... FF Teachers Unite!

Evidently my school felt the need to make me feel extra special because I just earned my Ed.D and they're worried about me jumping to a junior college (someone would have to hold me at gunpoint to get me to teach university at this point - the stability in that job is awful), so next school year I'm officially the new head of the English department.  And also still coaching JV volleyball.

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

giphy.gif

My school actually hired a volleyball coach who happens to have a teaching credential (and he teaches Health).  Trust me, I've been trying for years to get onto the soccer coaching staff, but our school is actually good (unlike the football program), so there hasn't been much of any turnover there to create job availability.

But yes, LBC was a 3 sport athlete (with that third sport being volleyball) growing up.  It was just soccer that got me a scholarship.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

My school actually hired a volleyball coach who happens to have a teaching credential (and he teaches Health).  Trust me, I've been trying for years to get onto the soccer coaching staff, but our school is actually good (unlike the football program), so there hasn't been much of any turnover there to create job availability.

But yes, LBC was a 3 sport athlete (with that third sport being volleyball) growing up.  It was just soccer that got me a scholarship.

Are you fairly tall? I would make fun of the few guys I know that play Volleyball, but they're all like 6'5''+ behemoths lol.