What does everyone do for a living?

BayRaider

50 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

Anyone do a trade? Thinking of getting an HVAC cert and applying to a labor union. 

I don't, but my dad's a machinist.  There's always, always, always a market for skilled labor somewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carl_sjunior said:

School me. 

23 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don't, but my dad's a machinist.  There's always, always, always a market for skilled labor somewhere.

I will pm both of you this evening. 

• Like 1

On 24/07/2019 at 9:54 PM, Forge said:

Yep. I'm a blacksmith. Big industry nowadays. 

Hey now, i don't know about blacksmiths per se...but i know plenty of farriers who made really decent money and work their own hours.

Seems like a decently big industry.  If you don't mind occasionally being kicked by a horse i guess.

On 25/07/2019 at 1:51 PM, The LBC said:

6'2" and I was a setter.

Where's the, "how tall are you" thread when you need it?  Where..."height doesn't matter".  lol.

On 7/25/2019 at 12:30 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

Are you fairly tall? I would make fun of the few guys I know that play Volleyball, but they're all like 6'5''+ behemoths lol.

What's to make fun of? Volleyball is one of the manliest sports there is. 

Lol funny how things work out..

I had been exploring my options basically, and was this close to applying for trade school when I got a call back for a job I applied for way back in March or April for a Client Supervisor at an in-patient treatment facility. I never followed up with it because I didn't move to a different city as quickly as I planned. 

They loved my resume, experience, etc. I interviewed for a solid hour, but really we just broke down the job because I knew a lot about it. 

So I will be starting that next week sometime and I am super super excited. First time in my adult life where I have a job I actually want to have. 

• Like 2