What does everyone do for a living?

BayRaider

16 hours ago, The LBC said:

You already knew this, but yeah... FF Teachers Unite!

Evidently my school felt the need to make me feel extra special because I just earned my Ed.D and they're worried about me jumping to a junior college (someone would have to hold me at gunpoint to get me to teach university at this point - the stability in that job is awful), so next school year I'm officially the new head of the English department.  And also still coaching JV volleyball.

FF Teacher Gang Gang!

I also work in a HS, coach Basketball and Track. Hope to spend another 4-5 years at the teaching level before I make my way to an AD job.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

FF Teacher Gang Gang!

I also work in a HS, coach Basketball and Track. Hope to spend another 4-5 years at the teaching level before I make my way to an AD job.

I couldn't do AD.  Maybe it's different in your area, but there's way too much dealing with entitled parents who think they're kid is getting passed over when they're just not that good here in SoCal.

I was thinking for a time about going into administration, but our District Offices are bureaucratic nightmares that are fully aware of their issues, but no one is willing to bear the burden of temporary personal discomfort in order to achieve long-term solution (and I do recognize that that's easy for me to say from where I'm sitting, but I'm also not the one being paid to make the district operate as smoothly and effectively as possible).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Are you fairly tall? I would make fun of the few guys I know that play Volleyball, but they're all like 6'5''+ behemoths lol.

2 of my kids mom is a that tall volleyball player. Aint no easier to handle. All that developed serving motion really helps them hit like a shotgun when connecting to skulls.

15 hours ago, The LBC said:

I couldn't do AD.  Maybe it's different in your area, but there's way too much dealing with entitled parents who think they're kid is getting passed over when they're just not that good here in SoCal.

I was thinking for a time about going into administration, but our District Offices are bureaucratic nightmares that are fully aware of their issues, but no one is willing to bear the burden of temporary personal discomfort in order to achieve long-term solution (and I do recognize that that's easy for me to say from where I'm sitting, but I'm also not the one being paid to make the district operate as smoothly and effectively as possible).

Oh, same issues here brotha. Every kid is a superstar, can’t understand why they aren’t starting! It must be the coaches fault, not because Jimmy skips workouts and doesn’t work on his game outside of the season! 

It’s definitely the worst part of the job but I think I could handle it... 

• Like 1