Mike Mayock nearing deal to be Raiders next GM.

TecmoSuperJoe

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Condi was on a list for Browns HC.

This is real. This is not a joke, this is not a drill...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jerrybarca/2018/11/19/condoleezza-rice-to-head-coach-the-cleveland-browns-nope/#59103c5c6908

That'd be awesome. She could bring the offense of mass destruction too!

(Don't mean to get political here, I'm just kidding lol)

2 hours ago, drd23 said:

Any word on the contract/salary? 

A Raiders fan on another forum suggested that it was rumoured to be 5 years and $50m, but that can't be true, can it?

No I'm sure they matches his contract length to the head coach. So 9 years lol

On 30/12/2018 at 10:18 PM, DreamKid said:

Sucks for draft coverage. Daniel Jeremiah and Charles Davis will likely take on a bigger role. Both of them are good so it cushions the blow, but Mike was great in his position. Always kept Rich Eisen in line.

This is my biggest concern.

I like DJ and CD as supplements to Mayock, but he was often kinda the anchor of that group.  They're gonna need another voice, and i'm a bit nervous for who it's going to be.  It's not like i subscribed to Mayock's word as gospel by any means, but he was a good broadcaster a lot of the time, who brought a different sort of insight to the public eye.  When he got "sensationalist"...it always seemed like a more genuinely personal sort of reasoning, rather than just pure clickbaiting like most others in his comparable role.  There's a lot of airtime to fill there.

The other thing that crossed my mind, was that i wonder how other "personnel people" around the league feel about this.  Every year, Mayock clearly puts his ear to the ground listening to what various other scouts have to say about players...and usually does a good job of conveying some of that information to the armchair draftnik.  But we're in the ramp-up to draft season now...where the college games are done and watched.  A lot of thoughts and opinions probably shared with him in some degree of anonymous confidence.  Under the impression that Mayock was a "TV Guy" who "protects his sources".  But now it's kinda...open season on whatever they shared with him as a "media guy", as he heads to the draft floor with them...as a GM.  Which is uh...idk, will it hurt him trying to deal with guys now?

Archived