BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

31 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I think we need to make it more mobile friendly to run it to a 24hr clock. Which means faster and better formatting. But we can work on that.

So @Jlash @bcb1213 @Hockey5djh @Counselor @wwhickok @Whicker @BringinDaPain @SirA1 @MD4L @PR @Ragnarok @RuskieTitan @WFLukic @SwoleXmad @pheltzbahr 

Do any of you want to switch back to the forum for the rest of the Shark Tank? It's been almost 48hr, time to make a decision

Keep it as is.

Just now, ny92mike said:

@Jlash @bcb1213 @Hockey5djh @Counselor @wwhickok @Whicker @BringinDaPain @SirA1 @MD4L @PR @Ragnarok @RuskieTitan @WFLukic @SwoleXmad @pheltzbahr @TedLavie

Alright guys I'm going to push an update to a formula within the FA Bid Tracker sheet, so things are gonna be squirrely for a few minutes.

Noted. I will temporarily offer @Whicker a cease fire.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@Jlash @bcb1213 @Hockey5djh @Counselor @wwhickok @Whicker @BringinDaPain @SirA1 @MD4L @PR @Ragnarok @RuskieTitan @WFLukic @SwoleXmad @pheltzbahr @TedLavie

Alright guys I'm going to push an update to a formula within the FA Bid Tracker sheet, so things are gonna be squirrely for a few minutes.

Done...Also included a conditional format in the Pending Contracts sheet that if the remaining time on the clock is 5 hrs or less that the text turns bold blue.

12 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Noted. I will temporarily offer @Whicker a cease fire.

Hey man, I'll be up late tonight.  Once (if) we get some awarded contracts, I'll work through the process up uploading them into the main workbook.  If you'll be around if not no worries, I'll try to get some instructions drawn up for this process.

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Hey man, I'll be up late tonight.  Once (if) we get some awarded contracts, I'll work through the process up uploading them into the main workbook.  If you'll be around if not no worries, I'll try to get some instructions drawn up for this process.

I'm heading to bed now. 430am is when I get up for work. I should be able to update stuff if needed when I get home tomorrow afternoon.

Glad to see some of the skeptics lean toward the workbook.

After this year, Ted and I can focus on making this more user friendly.

I'd also like to work on a proposal for the regular free agency, without using the form but a private workbook instead.  This would be just a proposed workbook, that you could test out and something to decide whether or not to use it in the future.  You guys have a lot of specific guidelines that I don't think using the form would be the best option.

Anyway something to think about down the road.

3 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I'm heading to bed now. 430am is when I get up for work. I should be able to update stuff if needed when I get home tomorrow afternoon.

Right...I'm gonna try to set this up so you aren't manually typing each bid it but it might turn out that way though...just gotta see what the best approach is with this.

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Right...I'm gonna try to set this up so you aren't manually typing each bid it but it might turn out that way though...just gotta see what the best approach is with this.

I do data entry for a living, trust me BDL is easy peasy after processing 200+ things a day.