packers selcet mAtt leFleUr as head coah

FinneasGage

51 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

The team as a whole really seems to enjoy playing for the guy. If that’s because he’s younger and relatable or otherwise, it’s something I don’t think I’d have been able to say about McCarthy for several years now. 

He also seems to have won over Rodgers.  LaFleur goes one on one with him on the sidelines between drives .. seems like the makings of a successful partnership.  

• Like 1

There are still plenty of questions to ask about this staff and Murphy. 

The hottest issue at the time was the ST coach. We've been relying on the leftover parts from the previous regime, namely Scott, for our ST successes. Our coverage teams and our return teams have been bad since Davis was traded, and while that is ultimately a Gute decision, you would hope that your ST coach would have enough flex in the organization that his top (at worst top 3) guy isn't getting traded for a 6th round pick.

This offense issue is also far from settled.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There are still plenty of questions to ask about this staff and Murphy. 

The hottest issue at the time was the ST coach. We've been relying on the leftover parts from the previous regime, namely Scott, for our ST successes. Our coverage teams and our return teams have been bad since Davis was traded, and while that is ultimately a Gute decision, you would hope that your ST coach would have enough flex in the organization that his top (at worst top 3) guy isn't getting traded for a 6th round pick.

This offense issue is also far from settled.

The ST conundrum and the reports that LaFleur wanted a guy we wouldn't pay for surely need to be answered. I haven't seen anything from this new guy that tells me he's anything better than Zook.

The offense I feel like has made strides just about every week. I feel like we came out vs Chicago with LaFleur's offense and I've felt a bit of a partnership with Rodgers more every week. Running right at Dallas and not sticking with the outside zone with their ultra athletic LBs and then calling most of the game out of the shotgun on Monday with Rodgers sore knee show me that LaFleur is willing to compromise on his ideals to win, which is critical to success as a HC.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The ST conundrum and the reports that LaFleur wanted a guy we wouldn't pay for surely need to be answered. I haven't seen anything from this new guy that tells me he's anything better than Zook.

The offense I feel like has made strides just about every week. I feel like we came out vs Chicago with LaFleur's offense and I've felt a bit of a partnership with Rodgers more every week. Running right at Dallas and not sticking with the outside zone with their ultra athletic LBs and then calling most of the game out of the shotgun on Monday with Rodgers sore knee show me that LaFleur is willing to compromise on his ideals to win, which is critical to success as a HC.

Moved the ball with the pass almost exclusively vs PHI as well.  

MLF has shown a willingness to take what the D is "giving" and not be wedded to specific principles in a stubborn manner.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Is this really what we're going to resort to? An essential "I told you so" post? Its not uncommon for people to be weary / skeptical or even pessimistic about things they are passionate about. 

While some people may be optimistic and decide to trust the system blindly after that very same system wasted a good portion of Aaron Rodgere career others will be more inclined to be pessimistic about it. Neither side is wrong.  Its just different strokes for different folks. 

Who tf cares at the end of the day who was against or for this hiring at the time it happened. We're 5-1! Thats all that matters. 

@cannondale is 100% justified at this point to call those folks out. The price paid for public posting of strong opinions w/o facts ;)

• Like 1

I don’t mind a little walk down Mark Murphy Memory Lane. As the situation has settled into place, I can’t see how it’s any more complicated than Murphy hired Gute without McCarthy’s input, worked with Gute to find a head coach, showed that it was his call by leading the opening presser, and then left those two to their work and got back to what he loves best: building Titletown models out of LEGOS in his office. 

34 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It was also the idiotic play calling in the redzone that lost us the eagles game, though Rodgers gets to carry some of that as well.

But,  we're 5-1 and on a playoff track.  Hard to be too down on the overall showing

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It was also the idiotic play calling in the redzone that lost us the eagles game, though Rodgers gets to carry some of that as well.

But,  we're 5-1 and on a playoff track.  Hard to be too down on the overall showing

I was less than impressed early on with MLF's offense. No secret there. MLF owned some of it, and it certainly appears to have gotten better. In a perfect world, he would get a grace period or learning curve. It's not a perfect world.

Edit:  Yea - I may have taken a generic jab - but didn't call anyone out by listing a bunch of names. But let's be real - IIRC there was a Fire Murphy thread. 

Edited by cannondale

45 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

@cannondale is 100% justified at this point to call those folks out. The price paid for public posting of strong opinions w/o facts ;)

I mean if by 100% justified you mean youre okay with jumping to definitive decisions on sample sizes then sure have at it. Do you guys also tell a girl you love her after the first fu** too? ;)

Edited by Nick_gb

7 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Way too early to crown MLF.

But, the Mac diehards have certainly quieted down of late.

I'm sure they'll be back in action soon enough after the next loss.

Anyway, speaking of Mac, anyone think the Pack is 5-1 if Mac is still the HC in GB?

Me neither.

I don't know if I was a die hard MM guy. I was certainly a be careful what you wish for guy. I'm sure MM is probably wishing he had gotten the talent infusion MLF got. MM is set for life so no harm no foul on anyone as far as I'm concerned, except for the Capers thing. 

Edited by cannondale

7 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Way too early to crown MLF.

But, the Mac diehards have certainly quieted down of late.

I'm sure they'll be back in action soon enough after the next loss.

Anyway, speaking of Mac, anyone think the Pack is 5-1 if Mac is still the HC in GB?

Me neither.

I think the Mac die hards werent 80% of this forum. Most of.us wanted him gone. His post has more to do with people questioning MLF being the right hire. 

Edited by Nick_gb