Around The League V.2

Totty

16 hours ago, Jerry said:

All of this talk is blasphemous.  Watson on a crappy team went 4-12.  That's literally what would happen if we did this trade or any of the other terrible ideas (all picks until 2023).  Ridiculous.

No one can carry a BAD team. It is possible with a bad defense but not often. Brees had a ton of .500 season when his defense was this bad.

8 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

3 of our former coaches in Jack Del Rio, Dennis Allen, KNJ will all be coaching this weekend. 

JDR and Allen both leading top 5 defenses. And since week 10, the Seahawks have been maybe the leagues best defense. 

Meanwhile our defense is in shambles, with very little to be optimistic about. Frustrating.

This should help people understand the difference talent plays. Those 3 coaches, have talented rosters on defense and are thriving. 

In Oakland, they had little to nothing to work with and we are buried them every chance we got. 

Reggie refused to draft LBs they desperately needed. The CBs were turned over every season. They had no real shot of fielding a successful defensive unit.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This should help people understand the difference talent plays. Those 3 coaches, have talented rosters on defense and are thriving. 

In Oakland, they had little to nothing to work with and we are buried them every chance we got. 

Reggie refused to draft LBs they desperately needed. The CBs were turned over every season. They had no real shot of fielding a successful defensive unit.

Reggie, Del Rio and Norton all former Linebackers. They probably thought they could coach up some late rounders

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I understand what you are saying and agree with most of it.  KNJ is a good motivator but not a good DC.  He is doing good because of Pete Carroll  Giving KNJ the credit is like giving Greg Olson the credit here for our offensive improvement.  KNJ is like the directors of Game of Thrones.  With a good cast, HBO money, and great material they made one the best shows ever.  With the same money and cast but no story material it kind of sucked.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Its crazy how many fans are willing to trade Carr and two or three first round picks for Watson. I feel like I'm the only one not on drugs. Twitter is ridiculous.

I'd package Carr and some 1sts for Watson for sure. Enormous upgrade at QB, younger, longer contract and more enticing option for FA's. The rebuttal is Carr isn't the issue but our D is. And I fully understand and agree. However Watson is a high-end franchise QB and you do anything you can to get that. Would I rather have the likes of Carr + some Arnette/Ruggs/Ferrell combo or Deshaun freaking Watson? It's not close.

f we had a track record of being a good drafting team then this would be different but for our current Raiders I am making that trade 7 days a week.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'd package Carr and some 1sts for Watson for sure. Enormous upgrade at QB, younger, longer contract and more enticing option for FA's. The rebuttal is Carr isn't the issue but our D is. And I fully understand and agree. However Watson is a high-end franchise QB and you do anything you can to get that. Would I rather have the likes of Carr + some Arnette/Ruggs/Ferrell combo or Deshaun freaking Watson? It's not close.

f we had a track record of being a good drafting team then this would be different but for our current Raiders I am making that trade 7 days a week.

But what about Carr + Devin White, Javon Kinlaw, and Justin Jefferson.  Those were my choices.  I wonder what it would have cost to trade places with the Jets in 19'? We could have traded back and got a good DT that year.  I hope this years DT class can match it.

19 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

But what about Carr + Devin White, Javon Kinlaw, and Justin Jefferson.  Those were my choices.  I wonder what it would have cost to trade places with the Jets in 19'? We could have traded back and got a good DT that year.  I hope this years DT class can match it.

I'm still taking Watson and quite easily. Everybody has talked about having an elite QB to go against Mahomes for the next 15 years, well that's the surest way to get that we could ever see.

Edited by oakdb36
  • Like 1

Just now, oakdb36 said:

I'm still taking Watson and quiet easily. Everybody has talked about having an elite QB to go against Mahomes for the next 15 years, well that's the surest way to get that we could ever see.

I like Watson also and that would work if we could draft some talent on defense after the first round.  Unfortunately we have not shown that ability so far.  We have Crosby and Mullen from the past 3 drafts.  In the past ten drafts we have been able to get very little talent on the defensive side of the ball.