Around The League V.2

Totty

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Russ still had 2 years left on his deal too so there wasn't really any reason they had to do it before the season.

Not only that, he'd have been pushing 35 by the time that contract ended. 

Honestly, aside from an exceptionally rare few, how many QBs maintain top money play past 35? He's already at that age where even good QBs typically begin their downhill slide. Rodgers, Brady, and Brees are exceptions, and only Brady, the biggest exception ever, got money from a team he'd never taken a snap for. They can try to use Manning to justify it all they want, but Manning was an excellent passer who had a play style that could age gracefully, his contract was far cheaper, and there was still a large element of luck involved there considering Manning's age, recent injury history, and missing the 2011 season. 

I'm sorry fellas. I just can't get over this.....

Trade Details

Broncos get:

• QB Russell Wilson
  • 2022 fourth-round pick

Seahawks get:

• QB Drew Lock (former 2nd round pick)
  • DT Shelby Harris
  • TE Noah Fant (former 1st round pick)
  • 2022 first-round pick
  • 2022 second-round pick
  • 2022 fifth-round pick
  • 2023 first-round pick
  • 2023 second-round pick
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Dude is not holding back. 

That game was like watching my old arsh uncles tryna play qb at the family reunion. Literally the most un entertaining game I’ve watched in years. I love a good defensive battle but my god. Ryan should just retire and Russ hasn’t looked the same since his injury 

• Like 1

My goodness that was some poor play in the Thursday night game, I got to admit I did enjoy Denver being so bad 😂 until I realised it actually reflected quite unfavourably on our Defence last week. Did we play quite well or are they really just that bad?? 🤨

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

My goodness that was some poor play in the Thursday night game, I got to admit I did enjoy Denver being so bad 😂 until I realised it actually reflected quite unfavourably on our Defence last week. Did we play quite well or are they really just that bad?? 🤨

Without a running game gus just cut the field down and kept everything in front of them. 

gus beat kc and Denver with a good showing on defense graham has to show well vs kc

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Really? Lol

42 might as well play lt

I saw a big guy that needed a lot of help, was holding a lot when DEs try to go around him, and would have given up more than a couple sacks if LJ was not his QB.  

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I saw a big guy that needed a lot of help, was holding a lot when DEs try to go around him, and would have given up more than a couple sacks if LJ was not his QB.  

Agree. Looks the same as always.

I’m wondering what happened to my Arizona st ot prospect diesch? That’s a huge shock to me

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Agree. Looks the same as always.

I’m wondering what happened to my Arizona st ot prospect diesch? That’s a huge shock to me

I thought you where high on Lucas with me.  I have to admit I am happy with Parham.  Was not expecting him to play this well.

57 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I thought you where high on Lucas with me.  I have to admit I am happy with Parham.  Was not expecting him to play this well.

Lucas and diesch were my guys and that Penn st rt and off course Zion before we traded for adams. 

parham had great technique but was kinda light imo but it hasn’t been a problem so far.