Around The League V.2

Totty

On 6/6/2023 at 3:46 PM, Bitty 2.0 said:

He was good enough to get a 17 point lead in the first half. Then what changed? Did the team get new players?  No it was the stupid play calling.

WTF I don’t understand how people think Josh is not trash?

4 games they lost with Carr at QB after leading by double digits, he had a 52.2 passer rating after halftime, averaged 3.25 yards per drop back and had 1 TD pass.

What changed, the defense adjusts, Carr gets conservative and starts checking down to avoid hits. Can't blame JMD when this was Carr's MO with Gruden and Del Rio before that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

4 games they lost with Carr at QB after leading by double digits, he had a 52.2 passer rating after halftime, averaged 3.25 yards per drop back and had 1 TD pass.

What changed, the defense adjusts, Carr gets conservative and starts checking down to avoid hits. Can't blame JMD when this was Carr's MO with Gruden and Del Rio before that. 

Exhibit A

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Derek Carr Passer Rating by half:

1st half/2nd half/Play caller

2016: 90/92 Musgrave

2017: 89/80 Downing

2018: 90/97 Gruden

2019: 109/92 Gruden

2020: 110/92 Gruden

2021: 90/98 Olson

2022: 97/74 JMD

If history is an indicator (92 career rating in the 2nd half) how can you claim that JMD is not to blame with a massive dip to a career low 74 2nd half rating.  Care to explain? 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You’re so funny but you’re wrong.

I’m not going to get into this debate look up how many times he threw the ball in the second half. The offense adjusted to be more conservative.

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If history is an indicator (92 career rating in the 2nd half) how can you claim that JMD is not to blame with a massive dip to a career low 74 2nd half rating.  Care to explain? 

Heck in 4 of those seasons it’s higher even. “Stats don’t lie” right? Lol

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Sure. Carr's 74 rating is heavily skewed by his ZERO against the Rams. And, I can't find the stat but imagine it was similar against the Steelers as well. So 2 complete face plants tilted that score. 

That saidMcDaniel's had an uninspiring start to his Raiders career. So he surely deserves his share of the blame as well. 

But Carr is on the decline. All his metrics have been on decline since 2019. 

Sure. Carr's 74 rating is heavily skewed by his ZERO against the Rams. And, I can't find the stat but imagine it was similar against the Steelers as well. So 2 complete face plants tilted that score. 

That saidMcDaniel's had an uninspiring start to his Raiders career. So he surely deserves his share of the blame as well. 

But Carr is on the decline. All his metrics have been on decline since 2019. 

Make up your mind.  The first post says you can't blame JM then I provide you with data proving your once again flawed and worthless opinion then JM deserves some of the blame?  Which one is it? 

Your stance is that one bad game against the Rams skewed his overall passer rating?  Are you implying that Carr has never played a **** burger game ever before in his career?  I remember the Bears game in 2021 after we lost Ruggs and Gruden being a terrible game but I guess that bad game doesn't skew the stats because it doesn't fit your terrible and weak narrative.    

You do understand what averages are correct?  Can you explain why he averaged 92 in the 2nd half of games over his entire career (yes, there were some bad games in other years) yet saw a nearly a 20 point drop under JM?  You answer is one bad game and are pretending like he has never played a bad game before?  Back to math 101 for you....  

Let me guess, your new stance is that Carr forgot how to play football in the 2nd half of games last year because it can't be the fault of your boy JM.... Total 🤡

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

So 2 complete face plants tilted that score. 

Come on now...Carr usually had at least two bad games every season after his leg injury. So...Those are included and he still looked better than last year. Coach and QB weren't a good fit. Carr usually needs time in a system and no preseason was a horrible mistake. Carr is also known to get a bit excited to start a game and overthrow (at least he use to) He was best when he knew the system and was in a no huddle Offense. Many of us knew these things for years and so should any coach who is prepping for a job interview. Now with Brady becoming an owner (probably talked about that possibility before he went to Tampa) With Gruden getting the boot, I think Mark said I've got your back (McDaniels) no matter what as I'm changing things around here for good. Knowing Brady had interest to be a part owner, which should help with exposing Mark to more people that just want to be around Brady. So now we will see if that pays off in the end. Brady is the one thing that makes me think at some point the Raiders will be successful. Brady is a winner and will want the Raider to be winners again.

This isn't just a rebuild but an entire culture shift...

• Like 1

Carr said in his own words that he didn’t play well last season. He just apologized to the coaches, players and fans for not giving his all last season. Personal and Professional matters

and there’s people still pointing to JMD as the reason 😂

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Carr said in his own words that he didn’t play well last season. He just apologized to the coaches, players and fans for not giving his all last season. Personal and Professional matters

I didn’t get that from reading his statement, maybe there was another one? I thought he alluded to giving effort but not fitting in with the coaches and both parties not fully getting the best out of each other, maybe not playing to his strengths and him not being able to adjust that well. I didn’t think it read like he was slacking in effort which is what you’re saying?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Make up your mind.  The first post says you can't blame JM then I provide you with data proving your once again flawed and worthless opinion then JM deserves some of the blame?  Which one is it? 

Your stance is that one bad game against the Rams skewed his overall passer rating?  Are you implying that Carr has never played a **** burger game ever before in his career?  I remember the Bears game in 2021 after we lost Ruggs and Gruden being a terrible game but I guess that bad game doesn't skew the stats because it doesn't fit your terrible and weak narrative.    

You do understand what averages are correct?  Can you explain why he averaged 92 in the 2nd half of games over his entire career (yes, there were some bad games in other years) yet saw a nearly a 20 point drop under JM?  You answer is one bad game and are pretending like he has never played a bad game before?  Back to math 101 for you....  

Let me guess, your new stance is that Carr forgot how to play football in the 2nd half of games last year because it can't be the fault of your boy JM.... Total 🤡

He had a 67 rating in that game against the Bears. 

Yes, he's had some bad games. However, he's only the second Raider QB in 30 years to put up a ZERO rating in a half of football.

Understanding averages, you average in a ZERO into an equation, your average drops dramatically. That also doesn't factor in 2 other games, Saints/ Steelers which rank among his career worst ratings that at averaged in. So it wasn't one bad game. 

10 hours ago, G said:

Come on now...Carr usually had at least two bad games every season after his leg injury. So...Those are included and he still looked better than last year. Coach and QB weren't a good fit. Carr usually needs time in a system and no preseason was a horrible mistake. Carr is also known to get a bit excited to start a game and overthrow (at least he use to) He was best when he knew the system and was in a no huddle Offense. Many of us knew these things for years and so should any coach who is prepping for a job interview. Now with Brady becoming an owner (probably talked about that possibility before he went to Tampa) With Gruden getting the boot, I think Mark said I've got your back (McDaniels) no matter what as I'm changing things around here for good. Knowing Brady had interest to be a part owner, which should help with exposing Mark to more people that just want to be around Brady. So now we will see if that pays off in the end. Brady is the one thing that makes me think at some point the Raiders will be successful. Brady is a winner and will want the Raider to be winners again.

This isn't just a rebuild but an entire culture shift...

I agree. He had higher highs in his career prior to last year. He had 3 of his worst rated games last year Saints (50), Steelers (42), Rams (37). Which support the fact he's on the decline as his DVOA has dropped every year since 2019. 

I at least commend Mark for taking a different approach to the culture. It's not worked since he took over the team and his start in Vegas was embarassing between Gruden and players acting up. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Carr played poorly last year. 

McDaniels is still a bad HC. 

Both cam be (and are) true. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Carr played poorly last year. 

McDaniels is still a bad HC. 

Both cam be (and are) true. 

it is crazy what you read on this site at times lol. . . 
that argument, carr said he played bad so jmd isnt the problem is the same as; 

Carr said he played bad, so therefore the D cant be blamed lmao. 

why do people insist on only blaming 1 person for the way a season goes lol. 
Raiders have a lot of work to do. 

QB play needs to get better
D needs to get better
Coaching needs to get better. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

it is crazy what you read on this site at times lol. . . 
that argument, carr said he played bad so jmd isnt the problem is the same as; 

Carr said he played bad, so therefore the D cant be blamed lmao. 

why do people insist on only blaming 1 person for the way a season goes lol. 
Raiders have a lot of work to do. 

QB play needs to get better
D needs to get better
Coaching needs to get better. 

It's the culture now. Everyone is outraged and divided. 

The Raiders have been a poorly run organization for decades now. Rather than look at the systemic issues, fans have formed their own culture war over guys like Carr and McDaniels. Meanwhile, we ignore the 20+ years of poor roster constructions, bad trades and drafts. 

• Like 3