Jets hire Adam Gase as HC

barnaby8787

This kinda feels like one of those cases where a team really desperately wanted a Top OC candidate to work with their young, highly-drafted QB...but had to put the HC gig on the table to bring him in.  Nbd if Gase brings the right OC and QB Coaches with him to execute what he wants as a plan for Darnold there...but more questionable as an overall hire.  If you're just hiring a HC to work with your QB...you're going to get unpredictable results, depending on who they bring with them...because NFL HC is a big job in itself, without spending half the time holding a young QB's hand directly.

That said, it felt to me like Gase got a lot more out of the Dolphins this year than the roster talent really ought to have achieved.  In terms of W-L at least.  So it ain't a terrible hire in that regard either.

3 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Why are people moving on from how weird that PC was?

I dunno there has to be either something wrong with him medically (not sure what it could be)   or he was on something I know I have seen some crazy tweakers spun out on meth like that but I doubt that's what he was doing O.o

Why couldn't the Jets make it work with Mike McCarthy again? I feel like he would have been a better candidate compared to Gase just due to his track record. He's also been places where Gase hasn't yet, and has a boatload of experience as a HC. With Sam Darnold around, seems like it could have worked out nicely. I would have been happy as Jets fan if McCarthy was there. Gase, not so much. 

11 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Why couldn't the Jets make it work with Mike McCarthy again? I feel like he would have been a better candidate compared to Gase just due to his track record. He's also been places where Gase hasn't yet, and has a boatload of experience as a HC. With Sam Darnold around, seems like it could have worked out nicely. I would have been happy as Jets fan if McCarthy was there. Gase, not so much. 

Hiring McCarthy would've effectively removed Macc at HC, and I guess we can't have that.

Archived