Raiders Defense

Rolni

On 1/18/2021 at 1:07 PM, oakdb36 said:

Isn't Jenkins more of a SS though?

Yeah. Originally I thought that he played FS this last year and Addae played SS, but then read about Jenkins and he is SS in fact, so he is not on my watch list anymore :)

On 1/20/2021 at 1:05 AM, Rolni said:

Yeah. Originally I thought that he played FS this last year and Addae played SS, but then read about Jenkins and he is SS in fact, so he is not on my watch list anymore :)

I watched more of Jenkins. He's a good backup for me. Fine bringing him in as a Harris replacement.

On 1/4/2021 at 3:22 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

He played very well to end the year. I noticed him locking guys up in coverage. Him and Kwit are the heart of the defense. Need DL and safeties badly. Possibly a slot CB.

I am thinking we go one of 2 ways in the 1st two rounds.  Edge or CB in the 1st and 3T in the 2nd.  If we go 3T in the 1st then the 2nd is wide open and we can go BPA.  

I had zero Idea that Mayock was the DB coach for the Miami game and Jeff Heath was the assistant coach on the ground.  It was also Marinelli’s 2nd game as DC.  

NO freggin wonder we gave up the long pass to Set up the loss.  There was prolly A communication nightmare going on.

Anyone think Harrison Smith might be a target for a trade for our Raiders? Super smart, high football IQ which we lack back there, productive and thought of as a great locker room player he may have 2 Charles Woodson like years left at a high level while we draft his replacement. He's got a cap hit of 10M next season before being an UFA so could be extended maybe for a nice team friendly deal?

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 7:46 AM, Darbsk said:

Anyone think Harrison Smith might be a target for a trade for our Raiders? Super smart, high football IQ which we lack back there, productive and thought of as a great locker room player he may have 2 Charles Woodson like years left at a high level while we draft his replacement. He's got a cap hit of 10M next season before being an UFA so could be extended maybe for a nice team friendly deal?

He’s definitely a good player and would help us at a Massive position of need but would Minnesota trade him for cheap?  I assume they’d let Harris walk after the down season and keep Smith.  I wouldn’t trade anything but a 4th for Harrison simply because you can find similar talent in FA at a similar price.  I’m of the belief I’d you trade for a veteran player there value is based upon scarcity of similar talent in the UFA market and their contract relative to what it would cost to sign a similar  player.

On 1/5/2021 at 12:22 AM, MrOaktown_56 said:

He played very well to end the year. I noticed him locking guys up in coverage. Him and Kwit are the heart of the defense. Need DL and safeties badly. Possibly a slot CB.

If we could get 2 kwit level FA's (Dline and S) those 4 guys would be a decent base to build on.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Roninho said:

If we could get 2 kwit level FA's (Dline and S) those 4 guys would be a decent base to build on.

I'm all for this, but I really want us to pick up a top defensive FA for once.  Or knock the draft out of the park and find the next big defensive player in the NFL.  I would just love to have one all-pro player on defense again.  2 would be even better.  I just hope it happens soon.

Just thinking about this defence and it seems to me we have a roster full of rotation or solid type players without the impact or keystone player to set them off. For example, the Rams have Donald and we signed Littleton who was feeding off him. The Buccs have Suh, Vea, Barrett and JPP and we signed Nassib who was feeding off them. The Cowboys had Lawrence and Quinn and we signed Collins who was feeding off them, The Bears have Mack and Akiem Hicks and we signed Kwit who was benefitting off them and and on and on.

Now, some of those guys are decent players but I feel we need to sign the catalyst player not the other guys who are benefitting off of them this off season. We absolutely need that big dog in there that makes everyone else better be that through draft or FA or both.