πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

11 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Tough to hear but it’s the truth. Odds are Hurts/Siri combo never gets this chance again. Remember, Rodgers never did. Brees never did. Allen still hasn’t been there. That hurts and it should… but Mahomes showed us tonight, unfortunately, how there’s exceptions to every trend. So all we can do is hope Hurts and Siri will prove to be special. I’ll believe it until they give me reasons not to.

It'll definitely be an uphill battle. There's such an advantage when your QB is on a rookie contract. We likely won't have a roster this talented in the foreseeable future. Fortunately though, all the other elite QBs are in the AFC. Even if we're not the most talented team overall, we have the best QB in the conference and that'll go a long way.

But considering the success rate of the Super Bowl loser the following season, we probably shouldn't get our hopes up. I know the Bengals made it to the AFCCG but they're an outlier.

2 hours ago, downundermike1 said:

It doesn't make me feel better this morning, but, Dallas still sucks.

What’s the point in constantly trashing Dallas? Never really understood it.Β 

It seems extremely one sided.

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Dallas sucks, so we trash them. What are you not understanding?

That's like asking a priest why he's constantly trashing Satan.

Edited by Jeezla

16 hours ago, ACO said:

Personally I think the NFC East will be the best division in football again next year.

I think both Philly and Dallas will take a notable step back and it'll be a much more competitive 3 team race with the Giants.Β 

Washington has no idea what they're doing and won't turn things around until a couple years into new ownership.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

It's not the team really, or the fans in Texas that bug the **** out of us.Β 

It's like... How do you feel about say... Yankees fans... or Lakers fans in your area or some random part of the country? Fans that often will spend a lot of money on merch or brag, and don't know what they're talking about?Β 

That's the reason we dislike Dallas, not you guys, not even the team itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

It's like... How do you feel about say... Yankees fans... or Lakers fans in your area or some random part of the country? Fans that often will spend a lot of money on merch or brag, and don't know what they're talking about?Β 

I do dislike the team and most fans as well, but what Danger is saying is spot in and why the hate is magnified.

Β 

Dallas is a top 5 hated team, period. Of course divisional rivals will take that disdain to next level.

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Dallas sucks, so we trash them. What are you not understanding?

That's like asking a priest why he's constantly trashing Satan.

This is a false equivalency because there are 2 other teams in the NFC East.Β There’s 2 other teams, yet the Eagles seem to trash the Cowboys at every opportunity. I don’t disagree that the Cowboys have sucked for over 2 decades.Β I’m just asking why isn’t it equal across the board with Washington and the NYG.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Gotcha. So it’s the crazy Cowboy fans that buy merch and/or brag like they are going to the S.B. every year, regardless of the circumstances. That is what drives the Eagles hate for Dallas, more than NYG and Washington fans. Those kind of Cowboys fans are annoying as hell and give the rational ones a bad name.Β 
Β 

I remember Wash. fans use to say to me β€œIdc if we only win 2 games in the season, as long as it’s against Dallas.”, which I always thought was crazy. But now I get it.

Edited by Tony7188

18 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Gotcha. So it’s the crazy Cowboy fans that buy merch and/or brag like they are going to the S.B. every year, regardless of the circumstances. That is what drives the Eagles hate for Dallas, more than NYG and Washington fans. Those kind of Cowboys fans are annoying as hell and give the rational ones a bad name.Β 
Β 

I remember Wash. fans use to say to me β€œIdc if we only win 2 games in the season, as long as it’s against Dallas.”, which I always thought was crazy. But now I get it.

It’s also fueled by national media, Jerry and just the brand. It’s a meme but one very much grounded in reality. Dallas losing or not being good is a prism that anything can look better through.

I quite enjoy a lot of Cowboys fans though. They are a little more into the fun of hating eachother usually.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

This is a false equivalency because there are 2 other teams in the NFC East.Β There’s 2 other teams, yet the Eagles seem to trash the Cowboys at every opportunity. I don’t disagree that the Cowboys have sucked for over 2 decades.Β I’m just asking why isn’t it equal across the board with Washington and the NYG.

In the Giants case, we can't talk πŸ’© because they've technically won 2 SB in the past 16 years.Β 

WTF, no one cares about because technically they've sucked even longer then the Cowboys. With maybe a 1/4 of the regular season success, hype and Paper Champ preseason predictions!!!

Then it's basically this...

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Oof I dunno. I hate Dallas because of the national love affair, the "we dem boyz" bs, Americas team BS, displaced fairweather fans, overtly emphatic fans, when after all they've been irrelevant for close to 3 decades. They are insufferable.

Like it, don't like it, don't care! It will always be this way.Β 

Edited by Nabbs4u

Saw on TV earlier 2 out of 3 panelists picked Dallas to represent the NFC in the next super bowl. This is why we hate Dallas. The unwarranted, unfounded and irrational hype, love and credit that surrounds them each and every year. With literally zero foundation to stand on. They're a hype train, a conversation piece. A polarizing entity to stir up a room. A side show.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Saw on TV earlier 2 out of 3 panelists picked Dallas to represent the NFC in the next super bowl. This is why we hate Dallas. The unwarranted, unfounded and irrational hype, love and credit that surrounds them each and every year. With literally zero foundation to stand on. They're a hype train, a conversation piece. A polarizing entity to stir up a room. A side show.

There's literally no good reason to pick Dallas next year. By all rational arguments they should regress.