Tyreek Hill under investigation for battery

.Buzz

At the very least, it happened before the draft. I know the football aspect is secondary in a case like this... but at least the Chiefs can go into the draft knowing they have a potentially big hole at wide receiver, and can at least attempt to address it.

Not sure if this is posted, but from Arrowhead Pride:

“According to KCTV-5TMZ and other reports, there is also a report from the Overland Park Police Department dated March 5 that names both Hill and Espinal as “involved” in an incident. Neither are listed as suspects. “There is a note on the report that the case was “closed/cleared” and “prosecution declined” on March 8,” TMZ reported.”

3 hours ago, The LBC said:

Getting out in front of this...

KEEP THE DISCUSSION TO FOOTBALL!

How will this affect the extension the Chiefs have reportedly been working on for Hill?  How will this affect the Chiefs draft approach?  How would a potential suspension affect the Chiefs season?

FOOTBALL ONLY!  No shots are fans, organizations, individuals, etc.

Yes, focus on the important things in all of this. 9_9

40 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Not sure if this is posted, but from Arrowhead Pride:

“According to KCTV-5TMZ and other reports, there is also a report from the Overland Park Police Department dated March 5 that names both Hill and Espinal as “involved” in an incident. Neither are listed as suspects. “There is a note on the report that the case was “closed/cleared” and “prosecution declined” on March 8,” TMZ reported.”

I've just looked at the clearest screencaps of the incident reports (at least the first pages) courtesy of KCTV-5 and, while it's been a while since I've had to personally deal with law enforcement, the "other" designation is not, to my knowledge, used to designation someone who is suspected so much as "others present, when the reporting officer arrives, who can speak to the complaint being filed" (which would logically be a parent or parents present if the victim in question is a minor, or another adult whom the child is in the care of).  So Tyreke's name not being on the second report may well be inconsequential if he wasn't present at the scene when the officer who filled out the incident report arrived (4:20pm on the 14th, at the family's residence), whereas he was when the Incident Report for the officer responding on the 5th was.

Not enough for any of us to render judgment one way or another off this to be honest.  I've got a text in to one of my friends who is in law enforcement, but I'm pretty sure (aside from also being certain to say that "all cities are different on their procedures") that he's going to confirm similarly.

Edit: As suspected, he confirmed that we really can't deduce one way or another from the incident report.  There's not enough information to make  a judgment one way or the other.

4 minutes ago, VY said:

Or focus on the things that fall within stated forum rules to discuss.  Nothing is stopping people from taking to their own personal social media platforms if they want to post about the other aspects.

Don't pull that crap with the moderation staff, bro.  A good number of us are parents.  We're not trying to diminish what may have occurred here, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't enforce the rules Webby has put to us to enforce.

32 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Or focus on the things that fall within stated forum rules to discuss.  Nothing is stopping people from taking to their own personal social media platforms if they want to post about the other aspects.

Don't pull that crap with the moderation staff, bro.  A good number of us are parents.  We're not trying to diminish what may have occurred here, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't enforce the rules Webby has put to us to enforce.

Not that I disagree, but it's difficult to talk about a situation like that without discussing the ramifications beyond the field. It's just human nature. Perhaps in the future, a simple post about the news should be made, snd then the thread immediately locked. Whenever we have these threads they always get locked anyhow. 

Given there is some shady history already hanging over his head, I'm going to guess this probably doesn't get well. Lot of money he just tossed in the garbage.

Big blow to KC and their quest for a SB, though the timing aspect of it grants some wiggle room. Not many as dynamic as Hill obviously, but they have time to make a move or adjust draft priorities. 

As for Hill, if this ends up being true, outside of some deserved jail time, I hope a perma-ban is in order from NFL. Will be curious to see how they handle it. Butcher this one and they enter a whole new realm of PR nightmare.

1 hour ago, VY said:

This forum exists to discuss football. Yes, there are more important issues than football. In this and in general. But there are plenty of places you can discuss these things. This place is for football and football only. You can feel free to PM Webby if you'd like to discuss this policy.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

This forum exists to discuss football. Yes, there are more important issues than football. In this and in general. But there are plenty of places you can discuss these things. This place is for football and football only. You can feel free to PM Webby if you'd like to discuss this policy.

So there is a off topic forum here Nacho. Serious question, would this be allowed there? Criminal cases, among anything off topic, is discussed there. Otherwise anything negative NFL Media is intentionally being swept under the rug on the website? Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist but let’s have a more specific rule set. 

There's just way too much we don't know.  Was the kid's arm broken the 14th? What were the claims of child abuse from the 5th and why did authorities not act? Are they only looking closer now because of the proximity of the incidents?  Was he even there the 14th?  Are we looking at actual battery or a situation involving negligence by the parent?  

If he did the worst that we can assume, then a permaban would be very justified and the Chiefs need to draft a WR.  And hopefully someone responsible takes the kid.

If this is basically a misunderstanding, hopefully he does whatever necessary to make sure he never puts himself in this situation again.

The real question comes if there's some gray in this story, like if he and his girl weren't paying attention to the kid/the kid wandered off and he fell, broke his arm, and a neighbor saw it happen.  I mean, I hurt myself a few times when I was little and got away from my parents.  That could be negligence depending on the law and facts/circumstances.  Goodell would probably give some small suspension to save face, but that's where this whole ordeal could get convoluted.  What if Rivers is pushing one of his 17 kids on a swing and the kid falls off and breaks a collarbone?  The hypo isn't exactly the same, but if that is what happened, it would be interesting to see if Goodell thought his authority went that far.

But, two incidents in less than ten days and a kid with a broken arm for someone who punched a pregnant woman is not a good idea, especially when you are looking to sign the richest WR contract in NFL history in less than a year.  Even if he did nothing wrong, the pattern of behavior exhibited just cost him money.

i almost wish they didnt release this to the public (looking at you TMZ) until the investigation was finished because i'm going to wondering about it non stop until we find out more

3 minutes ago, tab said:

i almost wish they didnt release this to the public (looking at you TMZ) until the investigation was finished because i'm going to wondering about it non stop until we find out more

Then TMZ accomplished  exactly  what they wanted. Shock factor and Click Bait. I'd expect nothing less!!!

Archived