Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

25 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Rodgers still had some of his old bad habits sunday, but man he threw some nice bullets out there too. 

I don't know.  It is a very ordinary NFL play for any QB to make.  Barr was unblocked, by design, hoping that he chases hard down the line.  But I"m sure when you coach that up, he's the guy you find right away to see how he is reacting.

There was plenty of space between Barr and Rodgers.  Adams was as wide open as an NFL receiver can get.  Had two other reads that were a little open in Tonyan and the crosser by Lewis.

The ball?  Was fine.  It wasn't great or perfect, though.  If he throws a perfect ball, Adams runs for a ton of yardage.  

To me, this hardly an "unreal" play.  It was a play that you expect your NFL quarterback to make.

Just now, vegas492 said:

I don't know.  It is a very ordinary NFL play for any QB to make. 

No.  It's not a very ordinary NFL play for any QB to make.  Those fractions of a second where Rodgers was able to get into any kind of position to make that throw is what separates him from Manning, Brady, Brees, etc.  Manning in his prime could not have made that play.  Watch it in slow motion.  That's not some regular 30-year-old dude chasing him.  That was a play only 25-ish quarterbacks can make and Rodgers is 35.  Any other QB that's getting deflected or a throwaway or a sack.  It wasn't by design for Barr to get on the QB that fast.  He's supposed to be fooled maybe a little by the fake in that situation (killing clock, run should have been obvious), and looks like Lewis maybe could have gotten a little bit of a nudge on him).  He still manages to kinda get square when he's running past the tackle box, but then stops immediately, kinda squares up and throws way off balance. 

This is what makes Rodgers capable of being the GOAT. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't know.  It is a very ordinary NFL play for any QB to make.  Barr was unblocked, by design, hoping that he chases hard down the line.  But I"m sure when you coach that up, he's the guy you find right away to see how he is reacting.

There was plenty of space between Barr and Rodgers.  Adams was as wide open as an NFL receiver can get.  Had two other reads that were a little open in Tonyan and the crosser by Lewis.

The ball?  Was fine.  It wasn't great or perfect, though.  If he throws a perfect ball, Adams runs for a ton of yardage.  

To me, this hardly an "unreal" play.  It was a play that you expect your NFL quarterback to make.

LaFleur made a point of highlighting how difficult this throw was in his presser yesterday. 

Moving left, needing a right sidearm slot to get the ball around Barr, yet the ball needs to be placed back left for Davante.

The fact that it's made to look so easily is what makes Aaron Rodgers the greatest thrower of the football in NFL history. That is a very tough throw.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

LaFleur made a point of highlighting how difficult this throw was in his presser yesterday. 

Moving left, needing a right sidearm slot to get the ball around Barr, yet the ball needs to be placed back left for Davante.

The fact that it's made to look so easily is what makes Aaron Rodgers the greatest thrower of the football in NFL history. That is a very tough throw.

Yep, live it looked like a sketchy throw. In review, it was the only throw. And he made it.

24 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I wont say it's an unbelievable throw, but going to your left throwing, turning and throwing across your body is a difficult throw to make.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Oh brother.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

QB's practice that throw time and time again.  It truly is no big deal.

He had a lot of room to throw that ball.  It was not a perfect throw.  It was a fine throw.  Good throw.

I took my fair share of snaps as a QB.  I can guarantee you that since middle school, every QB has thrown that route thousands of times, at different times, at different arm angles.

Rodgers has made an absolute ton of amazing throws in his career.  Sorry, but this was not one of them.  It was a fine throw.  But I won't pretend that it is something that it is not.

1 hour ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I wont say it's an unbelievable throw, but going to your left throwing, turning and throwing across your body is a difficult throw to make.

Only it really isn't.  There are even drills you can do as a quarterback that sets up muscle memory to do just that.  And those are the fun ones to do.

@Outpost31 is one of the few guy rightly complimenting Aaron Rodgers for what is a difficult play he made. I'm not sure what's going on anymore.

Worried we have a HC who isn't as smart as some guys on this forum.

This was a difficult throw. 

This isn't even the same throw, but this shows you just what a good NFL QB is throwing to when releasing the ball. Absolutely nothing. Space, that he's anticipating his receiver being in the seconds after he releases the ball.

Now imagine that throw rolling to the left, pressured, needing the ball far enough to the right so the pressuring player doesn't bat it down and far enough to the left so the WR full speed in his route can catch it without the DB making a play on it. Only arm slot that allows you to do this is below a 3/4 slot, almost pure side arm. Lol thinking it's a normal QB throw. Just proves how spoiled Aaron's made you. Kirk Cousins isn't making that throw. Neither are probably 28 of the starting QBs in the NFL. I know for a fact that Russ and Mahommes can make that throw, that's all I can confidently state can do so.

• Like 5