2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

4 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Yall are killing me with the trade Ertz bull****. He's not going anywhere. There is no reason to move him. We can run 2 TE sets like we've been doing as well as having 2 safety valves for Wentz. I'm not getting rid of a top 3 player at his position for a horrible *** 3rd round pick or even a bad 2nd round pick. **** I honestly wouldn't even trade him for a 1st Round pick, He's too valuable. Yall don't make any sense to me with the having 2 top TE's is a bad thing Bull****. 

Is this Nabbs' burner account?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Yall are killing me with the trade Ertz bull****. He's not going anywhere. There is no reason to move him. We can run 2 TE sets like we've been doing as well as having 2 safety valves for Wentz. I'm not getting rid of a top 3 player at his position for a horrible *** 3rd round pick or even a bad 2nd round pick. **** I honestly wouldn't even trade him for a 1st Round pick, He's too valuable. Yall don't make any sense to me with the having 2 top TE's is a bad thing Bull****. 

Chill bro... pretty sure it was just @nlesthought  and it was a normal convo on a players value.

Sounds like he understands why it doesn't make sense too.

33 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

Gronk and Hernandez tho. Ertz is probably one of the most consistent players on the team. Lets not take away Wentz' best receiver 

Our TEs don't stretch the field like Gronk did. 

Gronk avg'd at least 13 yds per catch every season....Ertz has never eclipsed that mark in a season. Two different types of pass catchers.  

13 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Its not an obsession for me, I like Ertz I also like Goedert. I don't think we can fully utilize a 1st round draft pick TBD, Jackson, Ertz, Jeffrey, Goedert, Jr., JJAW, and somehow mix in Miles/TBD/Scott. Some are going to be under utilized. (Yes I know Jr., JJAW/Scott and possibly the 3rd RB will all fall down the totem pole) but do you waste a couple of Goedert's prime years as the 5th/6th option? Yeah catching 15-20 passes is nice. 

We held onto B. Celek for probably a long time as well and I loved me some Celek.  

Perfect example 2013 season under C. Kelly 10-6 

Team passed for 4400 yards (Foles/Vick/Barkley) 

1. Jackson 126 targets 1300 yds (deep threat) 

2. Cooper 84 targets 800 yds (possession guy) 

5. McCoy 52 catches (dynamic RB who can catch it) 

3. Slot guy Avant 77 targets 

TEs 

4. 23 year old Ertz 57 targets 450 yds 2 TDs 

6. 28 year old Celek 51 targets 500 yds 6 TDs 

The only reason I'm saying no is because the cap hit...otherwise I'd consider it. just me. 

The thing is, we don´t have an offense that good enough that good players are not being involved enough, we have lacked production on skill players as is. What he would get us in a trade is like a 3rd round pick and I´d rather have the two good tight ends that a slim chance of getting a good player and contributing enough that outweighs having Ertz on the team

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Yeah I knew there was a reason I didn't take your opinions seriously. Differing opinions cause you to act like a child.