2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

23 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

In this scenario Memphis doesn’t get Morant but get some other assets.

Everything I've heard Griff say about Holiday indicates that he wants to keep him.

1 minute ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Barnes declined his option! LFG!

I'm not surprised tbh and I think this was part of the plan once the Kings acquired him. Fully expecting him to re-sign with them at slightly less AAV. He sacrificed the big payday in 2019 for a few more years of security IMO. That said, even once the Kings re-sign him, they'll still create quite a bit more cap space. They'll have more than enough space to offer a max deal to some big name FA, but I'm not holding my breathe on them actually getting one to sign

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

I'm not surprised tbh and I think this was part of the plan once the Kings acquired him. Fully expecting him to re-sign with them at slightly less AAV. He sacrificed the big payday in 2019 for a few more years of security IMO. That said, even once the Kings re-sign him, they'll still create quite a bit more cap space. They'll have more than enough space to offer a max deal to some big name FA, but I'm not holding my breathe on them actually getting one to sign

There is still a small amount of hope that he goes elsewhere tho. Don’t take that away from me!

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

It’d actually be a shame if he left for LAC. Toronto literally idolizes him. Really hope he stays there long term, he can go down as the hero of Toronto basketball or the dude who won a ring and then dipped for the glamor of LA.

I'd feel more that way if he left Toronto for the Lakers.  If he were to go to the Clippers and that actually resulted in a championship, he could build his brand off of infamy alone.  He'd have a portion of the LA market and a large swath of the "I Hate LA" market, because of how many of the too-outspoken-for-their-own-good Lakers fans he just slob egg all over the faces of that would cement popularity.  That said, if he doesn't come to the Clippers, I hope he does resign with Toronto.

I mean, who would they get to replace him though? Barnes was actually solid during his time with the Kings. He settled more into a complimentary role and didn't take away from Fox/Buddy/Bagley. Was also solid defensively.

My ideal pickup for this team would be Tobias Harris, but I never get my hopes up with FA since the Kings never actually can lure top FA's

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Am I the only one that thinks that Barrett is a bad fit next to Zion?  This rumor sounds like BS.

Apparently they’re BFF’s but yeah I agree it’s a poor fit on the court.

Edited by DirtyDez
  • Like 1