Bucs cut DT Gerald McCoy

bucsfan333

15 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

They're a bit tight on cap space and I'm not sure how much more LeveragedLoomis can kick into the future

If they extend Cam Jordan they'll have plenty of cap space.

JJ Watt and Gerald McCoy on the same DL would be scary...four years ago.

I wouldn't mind the pickup for Houston, but I'd rather get Charles Omenihu in the rotation more frequently. Maybe of McCoy was a one year rental.

I can see KC taking a longer look at him in the form of a three year deal.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yeah those long term contracts  are just rolling in. 👏👏

Whats your point here friend? He got paid. He made the SB. He’s winning in life. Has more money in one year then you’ll ever see in your life. Like what’s this about? Or you’re just trying to crap on the rams management? For? 

4 hours ago, saintsfan said:

They have more than the Pats tho

This year- but going forward  it doesn't realy matter much. Just like the Revis Deal, put the put a bonus in the 2nd  phony year. The guy got more than 60 mill so far in the career in his pocket, waiting a few months for another 5 mill is not an issue.  

11 hours ago, El ramster said:

Whats your point here friend? He got paid. He made the SB. He’s winning in life. Has more money in one year then you’ll ever see in your life. Like what’s this about? Or you’re just trying to crap on the rams management? For? 

You need to re-read the 1st post I quoted then.

Suh isn't cashing in after a 1 yr deal with the Rams like you "Hoped" or suggested McCoy do. As if a 1 yr deal for him, like Suh would be beneficial. It's not. Which is pretty much the point.

Now if you're suggesting becoming a SB loser and a 1 year declining rental is the goal McCoy should  strive for instead of a multi-year deal as a aging player, Yes by all means be a Ram.

Patriots or Saints most likely.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JMG5 said:

If they extend Cam Jordan they'll have plenty of cap space.

they could cut peat if mccoy is ready to go at C and Easton very may well be just as good as Peat TBH

edit: Nevermind, Peat's option has long been made guaranteed I guess.

It may be a little early for a Cam extension.

21 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

They're a bit tight on cap space and I'm not sure how much more LeveragedLoomis can kick into the future

I don't know if the Saints will target him, but I don't think cap space would be the issue if they did.

$8.6m currently available. 

AJ Klein (Reserve LB) - $3.6m saved, $4.6 post June 1st.
Ted Ginn - $2.5m saved
Ken Crawley - $2m saved

None of these guys have guaranteed jobs at their current salaries and could be cut at any time.

Edited by Dome

I actually think McCoy would be more affective as a part of a really good rotation like a Cleveland situation rotating with Richardson and Ogunjobi as opposed to going somewhere and be a starter and get ran into the ground with snaps. Also he would have the luxury of having plenty of one on one situations due to the fact that the majority of the focus of the blocking schemes would be focused on Garrett and Vernon 

20 hours ago, indifference said:

McCoy will thrive on a team where his snap count is limited. Still has a great first step and very disruptive. Just not as consistent as he use to be. The good guards can neutralize him though. If he is playing average G play he will ball out

That's why I think Dallas would be perfect.   Drafted Tysten Hill and have Maliek Collins(when healthy)   to rotate.   Sign McCoy to a 2 year deal.   Rotate and develop Hill, while keeping McCoy fresh, and let Collins walk(if he can :)  ).