2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Agree about Allbright. The hardcore Carr fans give him so much hate for always saying the Raiders will take a QB. And he replies like, do you think this is my opinion? Do you not think I talk to the entire Front Office and friends with many of them? 

These Moves would NOT be surprising:

- Trade up for Okudah

- Trade up for Tua

- Jordan Love at 12

They’d only be surprising for closed minded people who never once suspected it. 

Miller said the same thing. But Vic said it's unlikely. I don't know who to believe. I would suspect a small trade up for Okudah is definitely a possiblity.

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Just got a notification on Bleacher Report. @NFLDraftScout claims Raiders are the #1 likely team to trade up. 

hopefully for Simmons! Im sure a lot hoping for Tua though haha. 

It just sucks for the raiders trying to trade up because everyone wil ask for that 2nd 1st rounder. 

• Like 1

Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller did their weekly mock on the official NFL SiriusXM Channel. 

They had us taking Ruggs III as the first WR off the board. 

Reasoning: 4.2 speed, matchup weapon, much more well rounded than people give him credit for. Raiders need speed in a badddd way. Lamb has average speed. People over estimated Jeudys juice as well. He’s still got good juice but he ran 4.46/4.52 when many teams expected more like 4.42/4.46. 

I didn’t stick around for Pick 19. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’d be all on board with 12, 19, and 91 for 3 and getting Tua, as are most Raider Forums (you’ll get crucified for mentioning it on this specific forum though). 

Reasons being:

1) I view Tua as a Generational QB Prospect. If he stays healthy, I think Top 10 QB is his floor. With Top 3 being his ceiling. I’m very high on the guy. 

2) We’d still have a completely full draft if we trade Carr for a Late 2nd or Early 3rd

3) I trust Mayocks talent evaluation in the middle rounds. 

Pretty much this. I’d trade 12, 19, and 1 3rd for #3 assuming we could move Carr and recoup a pick between 40-60. 

I think Tua is gonna be special and Gruden would be an ideal pairing. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

* Trade #19 (875) to Chicago for #43 (470), #50 (400), and #200 (10) * 

12 - Henry Ruggs III | WR | Alabama

43 - Jaylon Johnson | CB | Utah

50 - Antoine Winfield Jr | S | Minnesota 

80 - Malik Harrison | LB | Ohio State

81 - Troy Dye | LB | Oregon

91 - Amik Robertson | CB | Louisiana Tech

121 - Alton Robinson | Edge | Syracuse

159 - Lamical Perine | RB | Florida

200 - James Lynch | DL | Baylor

We’re definitely on the same page with this draft. 

I love every pick especially in that draft. Lynch is probably my favorite DL in this class and he’s been severely underrated at this point. I’d spend a 3rd on him but hopefully we can wait until the 5th. 

JJ and AWJ is my dream defensive backfield duo and would give us so much versatility going into next year. 

I’m still Lamb>Ruggs but I’d be happy either way. 

Edited by CaliforniaKid7
  • Like 1

Just now, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Pretty much this. I’d trade 12, 19, and 1 3rd for #3 assuming we could move Carr and recoup a pick between 40-60. 

I think Tua is gonna be special and Gruden would be an ideal pairing. 

100000%. 

People moan and groan about giving up a 1st but Tua is a very, very special QB Prospect. And it’s not like the talent pool at 19 is very good, and a trade down is no guarantee. 

12,19, and a 3rd I’d pull the trigger on Tua in a heartbeat. It’s worth it. 

You probably can trade Carr to the Patriots for a 3rd and 4th. 

So you’d still have 3 3rd Round Picks and 2 4th Round Picks. I trust Mayock in the middle rounds 100%. 

49 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Miller said the same thing. But Vic said it's unlikely. I don't know who to believe. I would suspect a small trade up for Okudah is definitely a possiblity.

Don' believe anyone. They don't know.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Don' believe anyone. They don't know.

I'd trust vic the most. He knows more than Albright, who's going off of non-raiders sources. Who may have beliefs. Similar to miller who said "front office execs believe". Those execs have no idea. They can't read the mind of the FO. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

* Trade #19 (875) to Chicago for #43 (470), #50 (400), and #200 (10) * 

12 - Henry Ruggs III | WR | Alabama

43 - Jaylon Johnson | CB | Utah

50 - Antoine Winfield Jr | S | Minnesota 

80 - Malik Harrison | LB | Ohio State

81 - Troy Dye | LB | Oregon

91 - Amik Robertson | CB | Louisiana Tech

121 - Alton Robinson | Edge | Syracuse

159 - Lamical Perine | RB | Florida

200 - James Lynch | DL | Baylor

LOVE this draft. I'd probably double dip WR @ 121 especially if Tyler Johnson was there but I like the Edge pick too. 

Added speed and talent to WR core. Double dipped CB and LB with EXCELLENT talent AND value. Winfield at 50 is a steal. Lynch I'd have filling all over the line. Probaby my favorite draft as I usually see a pick or two I don't like but every pick is great. 

Not a big fan of picking at 19. Would even do small trade downs adding 4ths/5ths 3rds (if lucky) whatever as long as there's value and we've got multiple players were interested in. Using that capital to trade up from 3rd into mid 2nd.

With all that said. I'm a big Carr fan, but 12/19/91 for Tua is worth it if that's 'their guy' cause he can sit behind Marcus this season but then Marcus gets PAID and we lose 5 million trading or cutting Carr. Actually I'd keep Carr so Marcus is cheap and IR Tua. 80/81 is trading up for a WR. Keeping Carr means teams will be calling for one of our QB's once injuries happen and we have 3 so...What ya got in 2021?!? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller did their weekly mock on the official NFL SiriusXM Channel. 

They had us taking Ruggs III as the first WR off the board. 

Reasoning: 4.2 speed, matchup weapon, much more well rounded than people give him credit for. Raiders need speed in a badddd way. Lamb has average speed. People over estimated Jeudys juice as well. He’s still got good juice but he ran 4.46/4.52 when many teams expected more like 4.42/4.46. 

I didn’t stick around for Pick 19. 

A ton of chatter about us loving Ruggs just like there was chatter about loving Jacobs leading up to the draft last year. 

Everyone's underrating Ruggs overall game so much, he's going to be an absolute stud at the next level. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, G said:

Not a big fan of picking at 19. Would even do small trade downs adding 4ths/5ths 3rds (if lucky) whatever as long as there's value and we've got multiple players were interested in. Using that capital to trade up from 3rd into mid 2nd.

With all that said. I'm a big Carr fan, but 12/19/91 for Tua is worth it if that's 'their guy' cause he can sit behind Marcus this season but then Marcus gets PAID and we lose 5 million trading or cutting Carr. Actually I'd keep Carr so Marcus is cheap and IR Tua. 80/81 is trading up for a WR. Keeping Carr means teams will be calling for one of our QB's once injuries happen and we have 3 so...What ya got in 2021?!? 

Absolutely. 12/19/91 is actually good value for Tua considering he’s the #1 pick in most draft classes. This will be the only year we are in position to grab a possible Franchise QB. Every other year we may be picking 16 or later, and will have no trade ammo either. 

Trade Carr for a 3rd. Trade two of those thirds for a 2nd and get a WR.