2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Another name I've liked while watching Johnson (CB) is Terrell Burgess (S) from Utah. Can cover deep, play man and mirror with great feet. A little undersized, but physical. He could play nickel corner or deep. Versatile player.

Me too, man. Super versatile and can play a bit of everything. Good athlete too. He’s gonna be great in nickel packages. I’m actually hoping we get him at Pick 80-81 now. 

11 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If there is a WR I would trade up into the 2nd for, it's KJ hamler. Dude is absolutely electric as a playmaker. Will be a dangerous weapon at the next level. Rumors floating around that he timed 4.27 electric and he plays that fast on the field too...

Oh fully agree! Been on the Hamler train since January. He can play slot, outside, and is super well rounded. Probably a 4.40 speed guy and his acceleration is crazy! I don’t think he lasts past the Late 2nd Round. 

I would not be surprised if Henderson is a Top 10 Pick and picked ahead of Okudah. Not because I think Henderson is CB1 or worth a Top 10 Pick, he’s worth neither of those. But because every single year, you see tons of surprises. Surprises that no one in their right mind mocked at all. 

This year you could see teams overthink it and take Henderson above Okudah. You could see the Lions take Gross-Matos at Pick 5. There’s always a surprising EDGE pick. 

Do I think the Lions will take Gross-Matos at 5? No. But imo they will take Derrick Brown over Okudah. Patricia has been told he’s on the hot seat. No matter how polished Rookie CBs are, they don’t make a huge impact right away. Brown will make an impact right away and DT is the Lions biggest need. 

It’s why I always say keep an open mind, and do some crazy mocks, because draft night you’re gonna see some crazy s***. 

I know many aren’t interested in Tua if it means sacrificing draft capital but what are thoughts if he falls into our lap at 12? Unlikely? Yes. But not impossible. 

Had a TDN draft where Burrow, Young, Okudah, Simmons, Brown, Kinlaw, big 4 OTs, and Herbert went ahead of us. When you lay it out like this it doesn’t seem impossible. Here’s how the draft fell on my end. 

12. Tua Tagovailoa

19. Jerry Jeudy (Lamb and Ruggs gone)

80. Darrell Taylor, DE

81. Amik Robertson, Slot

91. Logan Wilson, LB

121. Solomon Kindley, IOL

159. James Lynch, IDL

IMO its a no brainer if Tua slides anywhere near our draft slot. Pairing him with Jeudy while adding depth to the defensive side of the ball is a home run. 

• Like 1

@CaliforniaKid7 Tua at 12 is indeed a no brainer. Franchise QB. Possible Top 5 QB with his skill set and all the big guys retiring. You take a risk with the injury. Tua isn’t Jordan Love or Justin Herbert, he’s as polished as they come. 

I still don’t think it’s possible he goes past 6 though. Although, most likely, whoever wants Tua will have to call the Lions. If the Dolphins want him badly enough, they will get him. They have the draft capital. Chargers will call but not mortgage the future. And then you also have the Raiders/Jags who have draft capital. I have not seen a single mock where the Jags offer 9/20 for Pick 3, and I think it’s highly possible. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

he`s rising though, just saw 2 different mocks with him going to jax. and read an article about him being on the rise. not saying I want him , but if that did happen someone slides. the draftek mock I just looked at had brown falling to us at 12 and ruggs as our 19. I wouldn't be mad at that, but it certainly leaves us hanging at cb. getting someone like d Kirkpatrick would certainly alleviate that pressure....money talks tho.lol

We could still trade back up into the 2nd round for Johnson or Terrell maybe. Leaving the draft with Brown, Ruggs and Johnson in the first two rounds would be pretty nice indeed!

10 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

We could still trade back up into the 2nd round for Johnson or Terrell maybe. Leaving the draft with Brown, Ruggs and Johnson in the first two rounds would be pretty nice indeed!

Brown, Ruggs, Johnson? Dream draft....

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I would not be surprised if Henderson is a Top 10 Pick and picked ahead of Okudah. Not because I think Henderson is CB1 or worth a Top 10 Pick, he’s worth neither of those. But because every single year, you see tons of surprises. Surprises that no one in their right mind mocked at all. 

This year you could see teams overthink it and take Henderson above Okudah. You could see the Lions take Gross-Matos at Pick 5. There’s always a surprising EDGE pick. 

Do I think the Lions will take Gross-Matos at 5? No. But imo they will take Derrick Brown over Okudah. Patricia has been told he’s on the hot seat. No matter how polished Rookie CBs are, they don’t make a huge impact right away. Brown will make an impact right away and DT is the Lions biggest need. 

It’s why I always say keep an open mind, and do some crazy mocks, because draft night you’re gonna see some crazy s***. 

Aren’t Ohio State’s CBs known to be busts in the NFL?

I know a lot of them don’t live up to the draft status.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

3 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Aren’t Ohio State’s CBs are known to be busts in the NFL?

Yes, majority. Not all. Lattimore is pretty damn good on the Saints. 

Okudah’s technique is pretty damn good though. I don’t think he’ll be a superstar like folks envision, because even with amazing technique, 4.49 speed still makes you get beat in man coverage sometimes. I’m sure a lot of scouts were expecting a 4.44 or so, which is a huge difference. With that said, I’d still take Okudah at 12 in a heartbeat. Almost guaranteed he’s a very, very good CB. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Aren’t Ohio State’s CBs known to be busts in the NFL?

Ward and Roby are pretty solid, no?

Edited by Blazer026

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yes, majority. Not all. Lattimore is pretty damn good on the Saints. 

Okudah’s technique is pretty damn good though. I don’t think he’ll be a superstar like folks envision, because even with amazing technique, 4.49 speed still makes you get beat in man coverage sometimes. I’m sure a lot of scouts were expecting a 4.44 or so, which is a huge difference. With that said, I’d still take Okudah at 12 in a heartbeat. Almost guaranteed he’s a very, very good CB. 

You are too hung up on speed what did Richard Sherman run? Aquib Talib?

14 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

If Okudah falls to 12, he's going to Vegas. No questions asked. Don't really it see it happening though. Just because it's fun to speculate right now, with Okudah at 12, I'm sending 19 and one of our thirds to Tampa so we can get in front of Denver and take whichever receiver out of the top three is still available. Suck it Elway! I hate him so much. He has such a punchable face.

I did a Fanspeak and this is how we got our CB and WR...

QB JOE BURROW
CINCINNATI BENGALS

EDGE CHASE YOUNG
WASHINGTON REDSKINS

DL DERRICK BROWN
DETROIT LIONS

LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
NEW YORK GIANTS

QB JUSTIN HERBERT
MIAMI DOLPHINS

QB TUA TAGOVAILOA
LA CHARGERS

OT ANDREW THOMAS
CAROLINA PANTHERS

OT JEDRICK WILLS
ARIZONA CARDINALS

OT TRISTAN WIRFS
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

OT MEKHI BECTON
CLEVELAND BROWNS

WR CEEDEE LAMB
NEW YORK JETS

CB JEFFREY OKUDAH
LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

WR JERRY JEUDY
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

OT JOSH JONES
DENVER BRONCOS

EDGE K'LAVON CHAISSON
ATLANTA FALCONS

CB CJ HENDERSON
DALLAS COWBOYS

OT AUSTIN JACKSON
MIAMI DOLPHINS

WR HENRY RUGGS III
LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

Would love for it to fall like this in the first...Just need a run on OL and QB. Which there probably will be. Worst picks I had was where 2 QB's and 1 Tackle were taken. Jeudy, Ruggs and Lamb all went before 12