Trent Williams to report to Redskins?

Art_Vandalay

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Agreed. Patriots are desperate. Get a 1st and a 3rd and call it a day.

Why are the pats desperate?  Wynn is able to return to the roster  by week 11 which is the week after thier bye. They have games against the skins, jets, giants without Barkley and the ravens along with the browns, I think the pats will be favored by at least ten points in the first three and will be a small favorite in the Ravens and Browns games.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, patman said:

Why are the pats desperate?  Wynn is able to return to the roster  by week 11 which is the week after thier bye. They have games against the skins, jets, giants without Barkley and the ravens along with the browns, I think the pats will be favored by at least ten points in the first three and will be a small favorite in the Ravens and Browns games.   

Any team that gives them a 2nd and 3rd for him is giving a fair deal. Trent is very good but on the downside of his career. It's a win for both sides. I'd take a 1st and a late pick too. That's fair.

• Like 1

So is Trent actually losing $1M per game sitting out? If so 👏👏 for actually sticking to your guns!

Now go in, fake a back injury, hamstring,  having a baby seems to work too, something so you can collect Snyders money but not have to play!

• Like 3

On 10/5/2019 at 3:39 PM, patman said:

IMO it's not a production issue, it's a protection issue. Brady is 42. If he keeps getting hit he is going to wear down faster. You want him healthy going into the playoffs. The easiest way to keep him healthy is to stop people from hitting him. Upgrading the offensive line would accomplish that. 

As good as the patriots are, if brady gets hurt because his line sucks, suddenly they are right back in there with the rest of the pack in terms of chance to win it all.

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If I'm Williams, I report - Feel dizzy after the absolute first sign of contact, and go into concussion protocol till the end of the year, and get paid the entire time

File a grievance if they accuse him of faking or attempt to make him take the field, since the NFL is taking concussions so seriously these days

2 can play at this game Bruce

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

You know what's weird? I think Daniel Snyder loves the Redskins. I think he wants so badly to win every single year. So I seriously can't put together why he keeps Bruce there. 

That's the same feeling I get from talking to other Redskins fans. Like they hate Snyder, but they hate him for his incompetence, personnel management, and constant meddling in football affairs. As an owner, dude is willing to spend, he loves the team and its history, and seemingly does everything in the hopes of establishing a successful football team first - as opposed to a successful business. Certainly one of the weirdest dynamics I've ever seen when it comes to sports ownership.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

You know what's weird? I think Daniel Snyder loves the Redskins. I think he wants so badly to win every single year. So I seriously can't put together why he keeps Bruce there. 

I used to think that too but I don't anymore.  The most important things to Snyder, in order, are: his self importance and ego, money, then the Redskins.  Snyder is more concerned about looking good than actually being good.  He's also more concerned about money than being good.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

That's the same feeling I get from talking to other Redskins fans. Like they hate Snyder, but they hate him for his incompetence, personnel management, and constant meddling in football affairs. As an owner, dude is willing to spend, he loves the team and its history, and seemingly does everything in the hopes of establishing a successful football team first - as opposed to a successful business. Certainly one of the weirdest dynamics I've ever seen when it comes to sports ownership.

And this is why Bruce Allen is still around- he's keeping around an artifact of a bygone era- not even the actual artifact like Doug Williams, but the son of a Redskins legend.  Redskins legends get the pass from Snyder.  The only time he was completely hands off was for Joe Gibbs.  Bruce Allen continues to gain power.  When Snyder hires someone else to try something new, Allen eventually comes down with power.  Doug Williams is in the front office in a position that he was never qualified or experienced for, because Allen and Snyder can trot him out to appease the fans as a Super Bowl MVP.  

I'm going to assume you are a fellow Orioles fan when I say this.......Snyder's love for all things Redskins past is just the same as Peter Angelos and the people who were employed who are former Orioles all throughout the warehouse and in the development system.  Now that Mike Elias is cleaning them up, you are seeing drastic growth in the farm system and in player development in the minors.  If coaches or staff members aren't performing, their history with the organization is irrelevant, they need to be shown the door.  In the same way no GM for Angelos could ever fully put their stamp on the team and overhaul the front office until Elias, the same stays true for Snyder and the Redskins. 

The Redskins need a purging from top to bottom, and for Snyder to bring in a qualified football executive and say "you've got five years to fix it, see you in those five years" and get out of the way.  Sadly that won't be happening any time soon.  

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 9:38 AM, drew39k said:

IMO it's not a production issue, it's a protection issue. Brady is 42. If he keeps getting hit he is going to wear down faster. You want him healthy going into the playoffs. The easiest way to keep him healthy is to stop people from hitting him. Upgrading the offensive line would accomplish that. 

As good as the patriots are, if brady gets hurt because his line sucks, suddenly they are right back in there with the rest of the pack in terms of chance to win it all.

And Wynn is coming back after  3 more weeks.. It was only turf toe. They only put him on IR so they could save a roster spot.  And if you look at the sacks most of them are him going down before the hit.   

12 hours ago, patman said:

And Wynn is coming back after  3 more weeks.. It was only turf toe. They only put him on IR so they could save a roster spot.  And if you look at the sacks most of them are him going down before the hit.   

Yeah, Wynn is coming back soon, but Wynn is also a big unknown. He had questionable size coming out of the draft, many expected him to transition to guard. He was injured all of last year and this year so far too, so there are durability concerns too.  Gambling that he will come back fully healthy and can play the position well enough to protect your 42 year old QB is risky.